Market Assurance & Advisory Manager - Banking and Capital Markets
What impact will you make?
You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face, and provide them with relevant advice. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be leveraging a core assurance skillset and knowledge of front to back processes and controls at financial institutions in the design and execution of testing, and reporting to senior management, including the ability to identify recommendations for change and suggest process and control improvements.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Market Assurance & Advisory Team, part of the Deloitte Financial Services Audit Group, provides advice, remediation support and assurance to a range of wholesale and retail financial institutions in the management of risks across the trade lifecycle of trading & sales divisions.
The team operates across a market lifecycle which includes three differing, but complimentary, areas of focus:
Regulatory scrutiny and enforcement as well as legal risks and disputes, drive a body of client needs that focus on contentious issues, including litigation and expert witness support, and investigatory analysis. We deploy specific analysis and a solid understanding of industry practices; utilising banking product and front to back process and control knowledge, in collaboration with forensic investigation experts and our clients.
In the area of personal accountability and reform in FICC Markets (e.g FX remediation, financial benchmark reform, regulatory consent orders), we work with clients to improve processes and controls across the lines of defence, leveraging a thorough understanding of front to back systems, processes and controls, alongside a practical understanding of current and future markets regulation and best practices. In doing so, we develop a solid point of view based on experience on “what good looks like”, and identify proportionate and innovative ways to enhance risk management with specific focus on wholesale banking processes and controls.
With the enhancement of control functions across the three lines of defence, increased regulation of business activities, and heightened internal and external stakeholder scrutiny, we work with clients in either the design and implementation of process and control frameworks to manage risks within the business, or in the independent third party assurance testing of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
- Working within a team to provide professional services across the lifecycle described above.
- Day-to-day delivery of project objectives, including the management of junior staff, direct interaction with clients, and regular reporting to senior internal and client stakeholders.
- Preparation of key deliverables including written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
- Project Management, including budgeting, Reporting, risk management, and project archiving.
- Building and maintaining external networks, including the input into responses to requests for proposals.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel as required for client based projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of FCA (or equivalent NCA) Markets regulation and regulatory initiatives (e.g FRTB, MiFIDII, EMIR, FICC Codes of Conduct, Market Abuse Regulation, EU Benchmark Regulation)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the front to back product and control lifecycle across FICC and/or Commercial Markets
- Proficient understanding of current economic, regulatory and market trends
- Understanding of financial instruments including derivatives, loans, mortgages and similar debt types
- Highly proficient in written and oral communication, including experience in written deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Impressive analytical capabilities (including proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong Project Management Skills (input to the design of approach, management of junior staff, client stakeholders, timely reporting to internal and client senior management)
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Highly motivated and committed
- Positive and ambitious attitude
Additional desirable experience includes:
- External/Internal Audit experience in wholesale markets
- Forensic investigatory or project experience
- Aptitude with Excel and Access
- Experience of auditing clients within the financial services sector
- Experience of forensic investigations or projects
- ACA qualification or (equivalent)
- Financial instrument valuations (including analytics and modelling of vanilla and complex financial instruments across asset classes)
- IFRS/Technical Accounting
- Product design and sales distribution processes
- Board and subcommittee Governance & effectiveness
- Trading risk identification and reporting
- Financial benchmark reform
- Electronic/Algorithmic trading control
- Risk management in commodities markets
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154709
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)