Internal Audit & Controls Advisory Assistant Manager/ Manager - Financial Services
Deloitte’s dynamic and innovative internal audit team provides clients with expert advice on some of the most challenging and complex engagements in the financial services industry. Due to recent marketplace successes we are looking to recruit candidates with relevant experience in areas such as risk management, finance, conduct risk, data, quality assurance and methodology to support the delivery of internal audit and controls advisory services across the South. Our clients include, but are not limited to, Banks, Building Societies, Insurers, Investment and Wealth Managers, Investment and Pension Funds and Private Equity businesses. As part of our successful team you will play an important role in maintaining and growing the practice and developing our people.
Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity in a supportive, stimulating and fast growing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you will receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond with no barriers.
You will provide internal audit services to our clients on both a co-source and an outsource basis, and advise our clients in areas such as audit methodology, agile audit delivery and functional transformation. In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver External Quality Assessments as well as ongoing quality assurance support at large and high profile clients.
Due to the ongoing focus of regulators and other stakeholders on robust internal controls, many of our clients are asking for support as they design and embed enhanced governance and control frameworks. This offers our internal audit practitioners exciting opportunities to work on a wide range of controls advisory projects.
- Actively participating in and managing the delivery of high class internal audit and controls advisory services to a range of clients within the Financial Services sector;
- Leading project teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential;
- Regularly using a range of internal audit methodologies and approaches, including advanced techniques such as Data Analytics and Agile Internal Audit;
- Managing client relationships and working with client staff;
- Developing internal audit and controls advisory opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Building relationships with experts across Deloitte to deliver client focused assurance solutions;
- Working with our clients on implementing or reviewing aspects of their processes;
- Applying your financial services experience to practical business scenarios; and
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in either Leeds or Manchester and there will be regular local domestic travel to client site. You will also have the opportunity to travel within the UK to work on clients and engagements that are of most interest to you.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time with an opportunity for some home working.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you should have:
- A graduate degree, minimum 2:1, or relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA, CIRM, MCT or equivalent);
- Prior experience of working in an Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Risk Management or Compliance role;
- Experience in the financial services sector, either as part of a Financial Services Institution, in an internal audit or advisory capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such Institutions;
- Experience of internal auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing);
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, guidance & influencing skills, including team management;
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard;
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a stimulating work environment; and
- Good organisation, planning and coaching skills, with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhoodspecial award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 161878
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Internal Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Internal Controls Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Manchester