Accounting Advisory, Audit & Assurance Assistant Manager/ Manager
We are looking for experienced professionals with an audit background to join our fast growing Accounting Advisory team within our Audit & Assurance practice.
Accounting Advisory is a dedicated team of specialists with experience in applying technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge to challenging and complex technical matters, with a commercial mind-set.
We are a client-facing group that works across multiple industries in the corporate space, with two primary focus areas: (1) advising clients with ongoing and ad-hoc advice, including conversion to new GAAPs / accounting standards; and (2) working cross-functionally with our tax, corporate finance and other Deloitte transactional teams, advising on complex accounting matters arising from transactional events.
As an Assistant Manager/Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Advising clients on IFRS and UK GAAP conversions
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards such as IFRSs 15 and 16, and assisting clients with the practical implementation of the standards
- Advising clients on the accounting for new products and structured transactions
- Performing accounting policy and financial statements reviews
- Providing specialist accounting support to transactional diligence teams on complex accounting issues
- Providing specialist accounting support to tax teams, with specific focus on group restructures, re-financing, distributable reserves and the interaction of accounting standards with UK Company Law
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London or Reading
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Corporate audit experience; technical project experience valuable
- Good knowledge of IFRS and/or UK/US GAAP; technical accounting experience valuable
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Project management capabilities
- Experience in business development activities
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163814
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Central)