Assurance Assistant Manager - Finance Function & Controls
We are looking for experienced professionals with an audit background to join our fast growing Corporate Assurance team. You will be principally focused on delivering finance function and controls assurance services to our impressive portfolio of clients as well as supporting our audit practice from time to time. You will be working closely with our clients, understanding their challenges and delivering innovative solutions.
Strong project management skills are a key part of this role as is the ability to identify and respond to risks and issues within a project. Candidates should be articulate and quick thinking, able to explain our approach and respond to dynamic environments.
Our Finance Function & Controls Assurance team enables our clients to create world-class operations and finance functions by assessing and providing insights on the organisation, processes and controls; resulting in enhanced capabilities, efficiency, cost reduction and performance. Our services are triggered by disruptive events such as transactions, including IPOs or trade sales, changes in accounting or regulatory environments or control failures. Our team advises clients on finance modernisation, effectiveness of control design & operation, organisation structure and process redesign and improvements.
We provide services to clients such as:
- Assessing and evaluating the finance function including close and consolidate procedures and management information.
- Providing insights and advice to enhance the finance-operating model.
- Assisting in set up, documentation and evaluation of control frameworks.
- Providing assurance over design & implementation of controls, controls remediation and peer benchmarking.
- Supporting SOX controls testing programs and test of effectiveness.
- Supporting our clients in addressing short-term capability and capacity constraints by providing qualified resources to sustain day-to-day activities or project-driven requirements.
As an Assistant Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Planning and the delivery of engagement plans to clients;
- Day to day management of junior team members;
- Liaison with key client staff providing timely reporting and management information;
- Management of client deliverables, including attendance at meetings;
- Working on challenging engagements, including transaction and project work;
- Developing and mentoring more junior members of staff;
- Involvement identifying opportunities and tendering for new clients; and
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Additional detail: This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Audit background plus industry or client-side experience;
- A track record in implementing solutions to assist with change in finance, processes and controls;
- PCAOB experience desirable, but not essential;
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Knowledge of USGAAP desirable, but not essential;
- A proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients;
- An ability to quickly develop solutions in a fluid and fast changing;
- Good organization, planning and project management abilities, with an effective and precise management of budgets;
- An ability to deliver a high quality service within demanding timeframes;
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and stimulating environments; and
- Significant presentation and business writing experience.
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 160964
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Assurance Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Assistant Audit Manager Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Change Management Professional Services £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)