Assurance Projects Manager - Strategy Executive Function
By joining Deloitte and the Audit & Assurance Strategy Execution Function (SEF), you will have an opportunity to develop and expand your career due to the wide variety of opportunities available. By becoming an integral part of this core function within Audit & Assurance, you will be working to deliver quality work for the Audit & Assurance Executive that will have a direct impact in the market.
Our Audit & Assurance Service Line is core to our business and this role gives you the opportunity to contribute vital skills to Deloitte’s transformation agenda.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We’re seeking a Project Manager to join our Strategy Execution Function (SEF) team to work with some of our key clients.
Your role will be focused on client facing Assurance advisory projects and will be integral to successful engagement delivery. The role will include a mix of responsibilities depending on the ‘point in time’ needs of the engagement but will include:
- Managing the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of the engagement
- Performing the PMO role within the engagement team: coordinating meetings, gathering actions, allocating deadlines and responsible people, and chasing completion of those actions
- Interacting with clients regularly and managing their expectations and deliverables
- Building relationships with Proposition and Team leaders across the Assurance business to create opportunities for Project Management input
- Coordinating all parties to deliver a cohesive client experience, including specialists and component teams as required
- Interfacing with and managing centres of excellence and delivery centres
- Monitor and maintain engagement status on the collaboration website
- Monitoring engagement resource and budget requirements and scheduling across the engagement
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London and regional offices will be considered. You will be expected to spend some time based at the client site, alongside the Deloitte engagement team
This is a full time permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Proven knowledge of Project Management Methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile, along with knowledge of Project Management packages such as MS Project
- Proven ability of delivering initiatives on time, on schedule with the required level of quality
- Experience of building relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Experience of developing project plans
- Experience of having effectively managed risks, issues and dependencies in a project environment
- Ability to think critically and apply appropriate levels of challenge to plans, risks, issues and dependencies
- Excellent time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing demands
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and team playing skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- A background in Financial Services is desirable however not essential
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 165747
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)