International Group Audit Manager
Our International group portfolio of clients include some the largest and most successful of the businesses that Deloitte work with in the UK. They are complex, influential and exciting. This work is for those who respond well to the challenge of understanding a clients’ business and key controls. As you progress, there will be opportunities for foreign travel and overseas secondments to key geographic global markets of the Americas, APAC and EMEA. Working in the International team will accelerate your opportunity to build your international and UK network within the firm.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Managing key audit and assurance relationships across our FTSE and International corporate business stream;
- Identifying and developing both audit and assurance opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Leading audit and assurance teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential;
- Ensuring all regulatory changes are implemented and complied with both internally and on client engagements;
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them including having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Your work, your choice
Deloitte has recently been named as the most family-friendly large private sector employer in Scotland. For us, winning this award reflects the work done by people at every level of Deloitte to make our working culture one that helps everyone get a balance between work and home life that is right for them.
We believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Aberdeen with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time / term-time (or other annualised days) basis.
Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- PCAOB experience is desirable, but not essential;
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and controls;
- A proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients;
- Experience of motivating and developing teams;
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements;
- Experiencing of working with FTSE Listed, International or Ltd company clients;
- The ability to work under own initiative and in many different and stimulating environments;
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting;
- Significant presentation and business writing experience;
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 165692