- Review and approval of new and existing client accounts;
- Assist with any queries relating to KYC processes to ensure adherence to internal procedures and industry best practice;
- Interact with our onboarding team, etc. to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation on a case by case basis;
- Suggest and implement new efficiencies in the on-boarding process;
- Assist in drafting, updating and monitoring the company's AML policies and procedures;
- Gather information and prepare responses to enquiries from the FCA and/or other EEA regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies;
- Assist with drafting SARs for the NCA;
- Assist with the supervision and improvements to ML controls, eg. Transactions, deposits, withdrawals etc.
- Assist with regulatory enquiries and related reporting requirements;
- Monitor regulation developments and update the team on upcoming changes;
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks at the request of the Senior AML Associate/MLRO;
- Assist with drafting responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- A Bachelor's degree in law, business, finance, accounting preferred;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- A working knowledge of key FCA principles for businesses and/or financial services sector (brokerage, bank or securities industry) - prior experience preferred;
- Good knowledge of KYC processes and understanding of the requirements for risk-based approach to on-boarding;
- Good working knowledge of POCA, JMLSG, 4th Money Laundering Directive and the key FCA principles for businesses and/or financial services sector;
- Strong analytical skills to use data/metrics for risk monitoring as well as good oral and written communication skills;
- Must have ability to work in a pressurized medium-size office environment.