Data Analytics Internal Audit Manager - FS
This major global player in investment management, custodial and investment services has a well-established and long standing reputation, yet continues to innovate and to grow both organically and through acquisition. The business is the market leader in each of it’s 3 key lines of business and is the global number 1 in their largest service line. However the audit function is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focused environment with a collaborative approach and no "politics". There is a strong culture of employee recognition and of philanthropy that takes sustainability and social responsibility seriously and values its employees accordingly. There is a strong track record of career development within audit and the broader governance function – both in the UK and overseas. The Audit leadership team really do passionately believe that the function “lives or dies by the team” and has a strong ethos of work/life balance – a culture that can be rare to find in financial services.
The EMEA audit function is led from the UK but globally audit has a number of functional and business facing teams that work across all 4 of their Geographic territories. Their growing Data Analytics team is led from the US and this newly created opportunity will report into both the Global Lead for Analytics in the US as well as the UK based EMEA audit leadership.
Based in Manchester, this is fantastic opportunity for a Data Analytics specialist to own the leadership and development of Data Analytics expertise across the EMEA region. Working closely as an “embedded resource” within other EMEA audit teams that are both business-focused eg Asset Management Audit and functionally focused eg IT Audit, Programme Assurance, Regulatory Audit etc; your primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, planning and executing of analytics and visualisation for each of the respective business audit teams
- Acting as a business analyst, defining audit requirements for analytics and automation, as well as being a subject matter expert in supporting audit and the wider business
- Integrating with the audit life-cycle and collaborating with the audit teams to understand where analytics can be applied in the audit plan to drive efficiency, effectiveness, coverage breadth and depth
- Contributing to audit planning including annual planning cycles
This opportunity has limited travel, though you will work collaboratively on a “virtual” basis with other members of the Global Analytics and other audit teams.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have a relevant finance, business or IT degree and ideally a recognised professional accounting or IT qualification
- Be an experienced Data Analytics/Visualisation and/or RPA specialist with a minimum of 4-8 years professional experience – preferably within either a Big 4/larger practice firm or within a multinational financial services environment
- Have a background within financial services audit – either from an IT or business audit perspective
- Ideally have experience of BI/data visualisation tools such as Tableau and data analytics tools such as SQL
- Be a committed team player with enthusiasm and the genuine ambition to build your career
- Have strong communication skills, an engaging style and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders – both within the audit function and across the wider business
- Be able to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and apply logical, well-constructed arguments to persuade and influence others to adopt a new point of view
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary of c£65,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI etc Please note that you must be eligible to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity