Global Internal Auditor at International Charity (40% travel)
An exciting opportunity to support a leading international healthcare focused charity operating globally.
The role supports the Internal Audit Manager with the development and delivery of the annual audit plan. The post holder will be expected to plan and undertake fieldwork audits mainly in Africa and Latin America, but also occasionally in other locations as directed by Internal Audit Manager. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that reports are clear and concise and are produced in a timely manner.
- Support the Global Internal Audit Manager in developing and delivering an annual programme of work to provide assurance over the risk, internal control and governance processes of global operations.
- Plan, organise and deliver assigned internal audits, scheduling work and estimating the resource needed.
- Make recommendations on the systems, internal controls and procedures being reviewed. Report on the findings and recommendations of the internal audit work, and management’s responses. Follow-up and report on the status of implementing recommendations made in previous reports.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness, quality and relevance of the financial and other information provided for management.
- Strong internal audit experience; able to demonstrate an understanding of the approaches and objectives of a good internal audit function, particularly risk-based operational audits. Essential.
- Good reporting writing skills; able to demonstrate competent and effective reporting writing skills in English. Essential.
- Experience of performing internal audit assignments in developing and emerging market environments. Desirable.
- An effective communicator with a good track record of communicating with senior leadership in a large, complex organisation. Desirable.
- Experience of working in a global organisation. Essential.
- Experience of working in an international, donor-funded service delivery organisation. Desirable.
- Experience of working in an international social enterprise/commercial organisation. Highly desirable.
- Willing to undertake overseas travel, for up to 50% of the time. Essential
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
- Holds a recognised professional accountancy/audit qualification (e.g. a CA, ACA, ACCA, CIA etc). Essential.
- Educated to degree level. Essential.
- Trained in the use of modern auditing techniques, including computer-assisted audit techniques. Desirable.
- Language skills – English and French. Essential.
- Language skills – Spanish. Desirable.
- In-depth understanding of risk and approaches to managing risk in complex environments. Essential.
- Results oriented and innovative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong teamworking skills
- Assertive, diplomatic, resilience and possessing excellent judgement
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible