Internal Audit Manager – Leading Consulting Firm -
The internal audit practice of this UK market leader is looking for an experienced Manager to take the next step in their career.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to high profile organisations, working directly with Internal Audit Directors and Partners, and in supporting the continued development and growth of the internal audit practice.
Their risk assurance services practice is one of the largest providers of internal audit, internal controls, and technology risk services to corporate and not for profit organisations nationally.
Working directly alongside Partners and Directors within the Internal Audit team you will be responsible for the delivery of internal audit, controls assurance, and advisory services to a range of listed and privately owned organisations, predominately in London, with travel across the UK and possibly overseas.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior individuals within the businesses that we work with
- Managing a range of assignments and client relationships, along with delivering key aspects of internal audit and controls engagements.
- Supporting our clients through the delivery of advisory as well as assurance control-based services which will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in a variety of different projects
- Support the partners and directors in key business development activities for new work including writing proposals, presentations and thought leadership.
- You will be supported in your role by a leading training and development programme as well as on the job training and support.
- They are looking for a dynamic, ambitious and proactive individual with experience in working in an equivalent position within a leading professional services firm or large in-house function within industry.
- You will be technically proficient in executing audits in accordance with IIA standards.
- You will also have a ‘can-do’ and proactive attitude and will be used to working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with a proven track record in meeting deadlines and quality standards.
- As you will be interacting with senior individuals within the firm and the businesses that they work with excellent communication skills, both orally and written, are critical to this role.
- You will be able to demonstrate how you have been able to significant add value through your work and been a driver for change.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, IIA)
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight (circa 30%, predominately UK with some overseas travel)
- Experience working with large, complex, public sector, not for profit, listed and privately owned organisations
- The ability to execute audits in accordance with IIA standards
- The ability to proactively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A pro-active ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in one or a number of the following sectors: retail, public sector, real estate and construction, manufacturing, travel and leisure, professional services.
- Exposure to implementing and maintaining risk management frameworks
- Experience in undertaking third party AAF 01/06 / ISAE3402 audits
- Data analytics and superior Excel skills
- Staff management and development experience