Part Qualified Auditor
We’re looking for an ACA / AAT trainee to fill the role of part qualified auditor with 1 to 3 years of accounts and audit experience. There will be some travel so the ideal candidate can drive. The role is open to flexibility, part time, job share and remote working.
Who are we looking for?
We need a part qualified auditor for the completion of audit and accountancy tasks as set out in planning memo, audit programmes and direction of managers to:
- Complete audit programmes by undertaking tasks allocated and signing off to evidence completion
- Document fully work done to a level agreed with manager
- Conclude on:
- each individual test
- sections completed
- Highlight issues and problems for attention of manager
- Review working papers of more junior staff where agreed with manager
- Ensure work completed to a level agreed with manager
- Obtain information and explanations from client staff
- Establishing relationship point as for trainee
- Resolution of queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
Additionally in this role, you need to:
- Understand from manager, scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Coach more junior staff (where work delegated) giving more constructive feedback.
- Record clearly and concisely work done
- Keep manager/director informed of:
- Problems encountered
- Issues needing urgent resolution/risks identified
- time over-runs
- areas where additional work required/client non-performance
- Suggest to manager solutions to any issues/problems encountered
- Monitor time against budget
- Prioritise tasks
- Ascertain client procedures and practices and organise affairs to their timetables and availabilities
- Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff
- Development of business understanding
- Development of communications, inter-personal and interview skills
- Development of written communication skills
- Technical reading
The Must Haves
- Commercial awareness - an understanding of the organisation, the industry and business in general assists in putting the assignment into perspective and in identifying potential risks
- Technical skills - development of full range of audit skills
- Teamwork - Assisting the team to complete the assignment. Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff and provide on the job training as appropriate. Recognise the need to seek advice from seniors when appropriate and work to achieve deadlines
- Written skills - write working papers, letters and other documents in standard form concisely and accurately – including method, findings and conclusions
- Analytical review and thinking - analyse trends, ratios and relationships between figures to ascertain likely risks and problem areas. Obtain explanations for exceptions and variations
- Judgement - ability to assess what gives rise to a risk and the size of that risk. Prioritise conflicting pressures within a tight timetable. Ability to consider overall risk of assignment not just the risk of a specific test. Assessment of whether sample sizes are adequate to form conclusions
- Part Qualified Accountant, ideally ACA or AAT.
- Track record of strong academic performance.
- Demonstrable audit experience gained within a professional services firm.
Resource Harbour are representing a large, independently owned firm with a longstanding excellent reputation for advising private clients on their personal affairs and business interests. It’s an accountancy firm with a great vibe due to their entrepreneurial clients and they incorporate financial advisors too – offering a comprehensive suite of financial and professional services to meet their clients’ full range of needs.
Where’s the job?
The role is based in trendy, open plan offices in central Bristol. It’s a workspace that encourages collaboration, communication and great work. There is also a great social scene at this firm.
There are excellent career progression opportunities as well as the opportunity to relocate to the firm’s other offices located throughout the UK, Ireland and Jersey if desired.
When would I start?
Role to start as soon as possible.
What’s in it for me?
Permanent package offered includes:
- Up to £23k to £30k per annum pro rata depending on experience
- 23 days paid holiday plus the option to buy (3 days) and sell (5 days) holiday
- 8% employer’s pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Death in service cover
Apply for Part Qualified Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- External Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- Graduate Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol