Part Qualified Auditor
We are looking for an ACA / AAT trainee to fill the role of part qualified auditor with 1 to 3 years of accounts and audit experience. There will be some travel so ideal candidate can drive. The role is open to flexibility, part time, job share and remote working.
Who are we looking for?
We need a part qualified auditor for the completion of audit and accountancy tasks allocated by senior management, recording clearly and concisely work done and signing off to evidence completion.
- Commercial awareness - an understanding of the organisation, the industry and business in general assists in putting the assignment into perspective and in identifying potential risks
- Technical skills - development of full range of audit skills
- Teamwork - Assisting the team to complete the assignment. Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff and provide on the job training as appropriate. Recognise the need to seek advice from seniors when appropriate and work to achieve deadlines
- Written skills - write working papers, letters and other documents in standard form concisely and accurately – including method, findings and conclusions
- Analytical review and thinking - analyse trends, ratios and relationships between figures to ascertain likely risks and problem areas. Obtain explanations for exceptions and variations
- Judgement - ability to assess what gives rise to a risk and the size of that risk. Prioritise conflicting pressures within a tight timetable. Ability to consider overall risk of assignment not just the risk of a specific test. Assessment of whether sample sizes are adequate to form conclusions.
The Must Haves
- Part qualified accountant, ideally ACA or AAT
- Demonstrable, relevant audit experience gained within a professional services firm
- Track record of strong academic performance
- Qualifications attained in the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must not require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Resource Harbour are representing a large, independently owned firm with a longstanding excellent reputation for advising private clients on their personal affairs and business interests. It’s an accountancy firm with a great vibe due to their entrepreneurial clients and they incorporate financial advisors too – offering a comprehensive suite of financial and professional services to meet their clients’ full range of needs.
Where’s the job?
The role is based in trendy, open plan offices in central Bristol. It’s a workspace that encourages collaboration, communication and great work. There is also a great social scene at this firm.
There are excellent career progression opportunities as well as the opportunity to relocate to the firm’s other offices located throughout the UK, Ireland and Jersey if desired.
When would I start?
Role to start as soon as possible.
What’s in it for me?
Permanent package offered includes:
- Up to £23k to £30k per annum pro rata depending on experience
- 23 days paid holiday plus the option to buy (3 days) and sell (5 days) holiday
- 8% employer’s pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Death in service cover
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- External Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol
- Graduate Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in City of Bristol