Data Analytics - Internal Audit Manager
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been asked by a global FTSE 100 business to recruit a Data Analytics Specialist to join their growing central London-based Internal Audit team.
The role will deliver a portfolio of Data Analytics and Information Management internal audit assignments in support of the annual Risk and Assurance Plan. This role will be focused on developing Internal Audit’s Data Analytics capability as well as supporting internal audits of the rapidly evolving IM environment across the group.
- Conduct data analytics activities aimed at supporting internal audit delivery and automation of audit testing. Key tasks will involve discussing key risks and controls with business auditors, understanding relevant business processes and helping to formulate data-driven audit approaches and full data audits.
- Identify and report potential opportunities for effective implementation of process automation.
- Support integration of analytics capabilities into Internal Audit working practices and the data analytics roadmap.
- Data mining and manipulation.
- Proactively engage Internal Audit teams to identify opportunities to leverage analytics capabilities in connection with risk assessment and audit execution processes.
- Use data to improve the control environment by providing support to audit testing and controls analysis.
- Identify automation opportunities and analytics support to identify risk and exceptions to controls.
- Participate in business projects or ad hoc assignments (e.g. self-assessment programmes and investigations etc), contributing data analytics expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
- Deliver business unit as well as Group wide audits involving financial, technical and data analytics components.
- Deliver the audits in a way that acts as a catalyst for change and improve the governance and control environment.
- Plan, resource and manage the timely delivery of the assigned audits and do this in accordance with management’s requirements and ABAS standards/methodology.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve audit process effectiveness and efficiency, in line with stakeholder requirements and internal audit good practice.
- Identify value add and improvement initiatives through audit observations.
- Develop and execute audit programs, consolidate audit findings, draft reports and present the results to management.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing initiatives and processes.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology trends and threats.
- Proven experience in Data Analytics, IT Audit or Information Risk Management within a FTSE 100 company or Big 4 consulting firm.
- Demonstrated experience of using a variety of analytics tools such as Power BI (preferred), Tableau, or comparable data visualisation tools.
- Expertise with the data analytics cycle (data gathering, transformation, modelling, analytic execution, visualization and reporting).
- Strong knowledge of data governance practices, data cleansing/sanitization processes, analytical techniques and visualization methods.
- Use of data extraction software, propriety or commercially available (e.g. IDEA, ACL).
- Direct exposure and analysis of ERP systems.
- Programming knowledge (SQL scripts, R, Python etc.)
- Experience in auditing approaches and methodologies.
- Experience in preparing and producing high quality and well-articulated documentation and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Some local and international travel may be required (up to 10%)
Please get in touch with your CV to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Unfortunately visa sponsorship cannot be offered.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment