Currently recruiting on behalf of a UK based lending firm, for an experienced Legal Counsel to join their business. This is a senior role within the business reporting directly into the MD, and will be responsible for overseeing all legal aspects of our business. The role would ideally suit a candidate with in-house experience within the financial services.
- Act as point of contact for all legal aspects for the business
- Draft and approve agreements, contracts, terms, and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Specify internal policies and regularly monitor compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other requirements
- Research and assess different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations from a legal capacity
- Provide advice on possible legal issues (and act as liaison for regulators and external counsel if necessary)
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in similar legal counsel/solicitor/barrister in a business environment
- Financial services background and ideally knowledge of retail/consumer finance
- Practical experience in Employment Law, Corporate Law, and procedures around Contract Negotiation and internal policy writing and development (compliance/risk)
- LLB/LLM or other undergraduate degree with Law
Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Greater London, Epping Forest
Salary: £130-150k + benefits (depending on experience)
Please note, all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.