SOX and Compliance Manager
Multinational organisation based in Chelmsford looking for a SOX and Compliance Manager to join ASAP
Our client is a multinational organisation with a strong presence within their sector. As a US owned business, this organisation is looking for someone to come on board on an interim basis to assist in the process of reviewing and developing best practice to ensure the accounting process is in line with SOX control and US GAAP standards.
You will be working closely with the Senior Management team in defining the control objectives and monitoring compliance efforts. It will involve the reviewing of test findings within the Internal/External Audit Team, facilitate the remediation of control gaps, and escalate possible critical issues to the senior management of the company.
- Monitor company compliance with SOX controls
- Identify areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures
- Work closely with different business units on implementation, execution and compliance with new and existing procedures
- Completion of quarterly/monthly SOX reviews
- Ensure finance team comply and understand new and current US GAAP standards
- Prepare reports for any new standards or key accounting issues for senior management review
- Knowledge of auditing principles and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements (Experience of practical application would be beneficial)
- Knowledge and experience of US GAAP
- Knowledge of auditing standards (internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills, strong organisation and process performance experience and an ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Excel and ERP systems
What you'll get in return:
This is an interim assignment and is anticipated to last for circa 6-8 months (depending how long the project develops). As this is a niche role, my client is looking for someone that has the exposure and experience of delivering similar projects. Rate / salary is negotiable depending on experience.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.