Head of Compliance
Head of Compliance Job - Insurance - Competitive Senior Salary - Bristol Location
Your new company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this leading specialist insurance provider as their new Head of Compliance.
Your new role
As Head of Compliance you will have overall responsibility for the strategic and operational compliance areas for the business, as well as the compliance activities of the existing compliance team. Holding the FCA nominated authority positions, you will be providing senior compliance leadership for the business; identifying, assessing, advising on, monitoring and reporting on all Compliance risks.
You will also be providing;
- Early identification of compliance risks and breaches.
- Advise all staff on compliance with relevant laws, rules, standards and reputational issues.
- Proactively identify, measure and assess the compliance risks associated with the business, and ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is up to date and functioning.
- Investigate suspected breaches of laws, rules and standards, managing any regulatory issues arising from suspected or actual breaches.
- Ensure the implementation of surveillance of transactions in order to prevent money laundering, bribery & corruption and terrorism financing.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an experienced Head of Compliance with demonstrable experience of leading a compliance function within a busy General Insurance environment. Experience and strong robust knowledge of Regulatory Compliance is essential. As is; the ability to identify Regulatory Compliance requirements as appropriate to the business model based on proportionality and risk based approach. Possess extensive knowledge of the requirements to prevent Financial Crime and Fraud. A relevant qualification in Regulatory Compliance is highly desired as is the ability to communicate technical requirements clearly to senior stakeholders and committees.
What you'll get in return
A competitive Senior Salary and range of company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.