Internal Audit Assistant - UK Leading Commercial Law Firm
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) are currently working with a UK Top 100 Commercial Law Firm to recruit an Internal Audit Assistant for their growing team in Bristol. This successful law firm is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to help in the expansion of their internal audit services.
As an Internal Audit Assistant, you will be reporting into the Internal Auditor and working to support the expanding department by providing administrative support. You will be carrying out internal audits in line with the firm’s internal audit programme, and will be responsible for ensuring the internal processes and controls are compliant with set standards.
You will be required to participate in some travel (circa 10%) to other UK offices.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about audit. Preferably, you will have 1-2 years of audit experience within either practice or industry and will be either IIA qualified or interested in pursuing this qualification route (sponsorship for exams will be provided). If you have a legal or financial auditing background, this will be an advantage, but not a necessity.
There is a competitive package on offer.
- Providing administrative support to the Internal Auditor in carrying out internal audits in line with the firm’s internal audit programme.
- Ensuring the firm’s internal processes, procedures and controls are compliant with Management Compliance Manual, and the requirements of ISO 9001 & ISO 27001.
- Assisting in the organisation of meetings, preparation of internal audit reports and communication of audit findings to stakeholders.
- Monitoring audit findings, including the maintenance of the opportunities for improvement register.
- Aiding in the further development of the internal audit programme as determined by the Internal Auditor and as agreed with the Director of Risk.
- Previous audit experience (1-2 years);
- Either IIA qualified or interested in pursuing this route to qualification;
- Awareness of ISO 9001, Lexcel and ISO 27001 will be an advantage, but not essential;
- Awareness and understanding of IT software systems will be an advantage, but not essential;
- Legal background or financial audit background will be an advantage, but not essential.
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship cannot be offered.
Please get in touch with your CV should you wish to be considered for this role.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!