Internal Audit Assistant/Junior Auditor- Flexible working
Your new company
A well known professional services organisation based in the Bristol area with limited travel to other UK offices.
Your new role
This is a great opportunity for someone with a small amount of Audit/Quality-related experience and excellent Admin and IT skills to progress their career in a growing Audit and Risk function.
An Internal Audit Assistant is required to support the expanding department, including the Director of Risk and the Internal Auditor in the delivery of a professional and first class risk and regulatory service to the organisation.
Providing administrative support to the Internal Auditor in carrying out internal audits in line with the firm's internal audit programme, ensuring the firm's internal processes, procedures and controls are compliant with the Compliance Manual and the requirements of ISO 9001 & ISO 27001; to include assisting in:
- organisation of face-to-face audit meetings, and feedback meetings
- preparation of internal audit reports in Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- communication of audit findings to stakeholders, including any remedial actions and associated deadlines - the monitoring and follow up of audit findings, including the maintenance of the Opportunities for Improvement register the day-to-day administration of the internal audit programme
- organisation of internal training on internal audit, and associated communications so as to promote a better understanding within the firm of the audit function and the value it delivers to the business
- updating of policies and guidance on internal audit on the Know How database, and updating relevant links on the intranet
What you'll need to succeed
You may have previous experience of working in an internal audit team or another governance or regulatory -type environment
CIA /IIA or ACCA part qualification will be an advantage, but not essential and support will be given to study further.
Awareness of the key principles of Information Security and Best Practice (including ISO 9001, Lexcel, or ISO 27001) an advantage
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good awareness and understanding of IT software systems, specifically as they apply to professional service firms would be an advantage - Effective communication and presentation skills
Good IT skills - -Excel Office etc and strong administration skills are essential for this role
What you'll get in return
This position offers a great training opportunity in the internal audit area. It does involve a few trips a year to other sites in the UK but these are limited to a couple of days at a time and will not be excessive.
Once settled in to the role it will be possible to benefit from flexible working 1 day a week from home. The company also has a range of benefits including an on-site gym, 25 days holiday plus the option to buy 5 further days leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.