Leaders of International Control, Risk Management
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
We are recruiting passionate leaders for numerous roles within the EMEA International Control team, joining our industry-leading team of subject matter experts in front-line risk management within our Wholesale Banking group
The newly formed Wholesale Control (WC) organization sits within the Wholesale Banking group and supports the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team assesses and effectively manages risks and delivers an integrated view of risks, produces a sustainable control environment, and instills a culture of strong risk management. The WC interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to consistently drive comprehensive implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The International Control team identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory, and Operational Risk types, ensuring alignment with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM). We are seeking exceptional talent for these leadership positions:
- Governance and Programs Leader
- Operational & Business Risk Management Leader
- Operational Risk & Conduct Leader
- Regulatory Control Leader
Your background must include experience in managing both teams and compliance or operational risk. If you are successful in joining this team, you can expect to lead an experienced and collaborative group that brings both strategy and passion to their roles. Language requirements vary by country of employment.
This role is considered customer-facing, as it sits within the Wholesale Banking business line. Seven lines of business comprise Wholesale Banking, which provides financial solutions to businesses globally. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally, supported by your peers and leadership, as well as an engaged team member community. Our team is considered a critical part of the international control group, offering a wealth of knowledge and remaining on top of trends in the risk management space. You will be part of a supportive group that champions all team members.
This role will have significant interaction with various departments and the ability to transform programs and showcase your dynamic energy, leadership skills, and implementation of effective strategies. Outstanding work will provide visibility and may lead to increased opportunities within the organization.
Apply now to learn more about these leadership roles.
- Each Leader will manage a team of risk professionals who will develop and execute cross-functional control programs.
- Remain accountable for the governance framework; analytics and reporting; operational risk control programs; acting as primary risk management contact for the line of businesses (LOB); collaboration and guidance to LOB partners on control design and implementation to mitigate risks along with regional operational risk control programs and controls needed to comply with local jurisdictional requirements.
- Cultivate relationships across Wholesale, Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) and Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Control programs (e.g. Governance, Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Financial Crimes) to ensure effective end-to-end integration of risk management initiatives.
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and support partners globally, driving consistent implementation of Corporate and business-specific policies and procedures in a holistic, practical manner.
- Foster a positive, strategic team orientation with corporate, business heads, legal, audit and multiple US and non-US regulators.
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls.
Market Skills and Certifications
- This role first requires ethical integrity to support our focus on building strong customer relationships, balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance or operational risk management (including but not limited to audit, legal, and credit or market risk).
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Wholesale Banking an International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, and building credible relationships with regulators to execute regulatory remediation or corrective actions.
- Extensive experience leading the development and implementation of risk management programs and associated controls, especially operational risk, compliance, financial crimes, or enterprise risk programs, as well as integration across risk programs, is critical.
- Experience driving forward-looking strategic plans and full lifecycle transformation leadership from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations.
- This role requires the ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Proven leadership and ability to develop dynamic and high-performing teams, driving successful execution of change initiatives.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
More searches like this
- Risk Management Fund Management £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Controls Fund Management £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Fund Management £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Fund Management £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)