International Control Professionals, Risk Management
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
We are recruiting for numerous roles within the newly formed International Control team, seeking individuals to join our industry-leading team of subject matter experts in front-line risk management within our Wholesale Banking group.
Wholesale Control supports the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. Our team assesses and effectively manages risks across all risk types and delivers an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. We interface with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The International Control team works to identify, assess, and mitigate risks across the company. We are seeking exceptional talent for these positions:
- Procedures and Training Professionals
- Issues Management Professionals
- Governance Professionals
- Conduct Risk Professionals
- Business Control Professionals
- Self-Assurance Professionals
Your background must include experience in compliance or operational risk management. If you are successful in joining this team, you can expect to join an experienced and collaborative group that brings strategy and passion to their roles. Language requirements vary by country of employment.
These roles are considered customer-facing, as they sit within the Wholesale Banking business line. Wholesale provides financial solutions to businesses globally, and includes seven major lines of business. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally, supported by an engaged team member community. Our team is considered a critical part of the international control group, offering a wealth of knowledge and remaining on top of trends in the risk management space. You will be part of a supportive community that champions all team members.
These roles will have significant interaction with various departments and the ability to transform programs and showcase your dynamic energy and effective strategies. Outstanding work may lead to increased opportunities within the organization.
Apply now to learn more about this opportunity.
These roles present a unique opportunity to identify, design, and implement strategies to drive effective and efficient execution of front-line risk management activities, while ensuring effective coordination with other business groups operating internationally.
- Developing cross-functional partnerships within multiple business areas and identifying trends, which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company’s risk management execution.
- Ensuring an adequate design of the risk management framework across all regions and escalating areas of concern or deficiencies, generating possible solutions.
- Partnering in the implementation of cross-functional regulatory change management, working with various control teams.
- Designing and implementing controls to address outstanding cross-functional issues within the international regions, including issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services and Regulators.
- Fostering a collaborative team culture with corporate, business heads, legal, audit, and multiple US and non-US regulators.
- Promoting and maintaining a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined, and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls.
Market Skills and Certifications
- These roles require ethical integrity to support our focus on building strong customer relationships, balanced with consistent risk mitigation and implementation of compliance guardrails.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (including but not limited to audit, legal, credit risk, or market risk), or a combination of both.
- These roles necessitate strong knowledge of, and experience in, Wholesale Banking and International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, bringing a deep understanding of risk framework, corporate and business policies, and programs to translate into actionable plans.
- Experience participating in strategic planning and full lifecycle transformation leadership, from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations.
- These roles require the ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Strong analytical ability to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early, engage in constructive challenges, and to do so independently when (not if) necessary.
- To accomplish the above, you will need excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills, to interact effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and regulators.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Controls Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Fund Management £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in London (Greater)