Keen, enthusiastic, up for a challenge – then this role could be right up your street. Peterborough City Council is looking for an experienced auditor to join our team providing internal audit services to the authority as well as contracts with other partner organisations such as the Cambridge and Peterborough Combined Authority and Vivacity the city’s Leisure Trust.
- Working within a small team reporting to the Group Auditors
- Undertaking the delivery of risk based audit activities across the organisation as well as our partner services to provide innovative solutions as we look to deliver more for less without compromising on control
- Undertake complex and high profile audits as determined by the annual audit plan
- Building good business relationships and working with managers to provide guidance across the business on emerging risks
- Manage, control and be responsible for audits you undertake and finalise all findings through reporting, ensuring this is completed in the required timeframe
WHAT DO WE WANT FROM YOU
- Ablity to demonstrate initiative and be proactive in your approach to audit activities.
- A self starter who is able to plan, scope and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Able to relate the finer detail to the bigger picture and to be able to communicate this in a meaningful way to managers both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team as required.
- A sound knowledge of audit principles and standards as set out in the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS)
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and software packages.
- You should have already obtained Practitioner Certificate (IIA) or equivalent for those studying CCAB - with a minimum of three years Internal Audit Experience; or a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians AAT with a minimum of three years Internal Audit Experience
- Ability to work at different locations including contracted organisations
- Agile and flexible working arrangements with a 37 hour working week in a modern office setting.
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 29 after 5 years of service in addition to Bank Holidays
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date: 5 July 2019