Senior Internal Auditor
A blue chip FTSE 100 hi tech organisation with offices in London, Reading, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol, Newcastle and Sheffield require a commercially minded Senior Internal Auditor to join their team. The role can be based in any of their UK offices and will allow for homeworking.
The senior internal auditor will perform operational and financial internal audit assignments. This requires the ability to implement a wide range of audit techniques and methodologies as well as applying excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning, performing and reporting of audits on a risk assessed basis using appropriate, flexible, and cost effective methodologies that are in line with professional and divisional standards and customer needs, in support of the lead auditor or, for development purposes, acting as lead auditor.
- Providing business insight and audit expertise to the team and those being audited on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
- Leading on audits and overseeing the work of others, providing technical advice and coaching where appropriate on a timely basis and to the required quality in accordance with divisional standards.
- Tracking audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and that the remediation is effective.
- Understanding and deploying a risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
Skills & Experience
- Commercial focus and an accurate concise approach.
- Good financial and operational audit experience.
- Business insight and expertise: Keeping up-to-date with external developments and business insight of specified business operations, strategic imperatives and business risks.
- Change management: Identifying, anticipating and recommending the need for changes to the annual audit plan in response to changing risk profiles and business needs, as well as identifying and developing leading edge audit methodologies and best practice.
- Stakeholder engagement: Developing a good level of relevant business and audit experience.
- Helping to create a team culture of customer and commercial focus;
- Leading and participating in discussions at planning meetings and exit meetings with senior management;
- Keeping the senior audit management and auditees informed of key concerns throughout the progress of audit assignments;
- Ensuring auditees are supported in discharging their audit recommendation obligations through regular liaison and providing clarity on expectations; and
- Supporting the senior audit management in preparing for audit committees and other senior management forums.
- Making full use of data analytics to deliver efficiencies and enhanced audit results.
This is an outstanding Senior Internal Audit opportunity with a renowned organisation offering the opportunity to deliver their strategy and plans for growth. As a key member of the Audit team you will shape and steer the direction of the business by managing their people, finances, shared services and buildings; whilst also overseeing their legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
The large team offer an extremely flexible working environment with a choice of hub office throughout the UK and work from home flexibility. Growth and career progression opportunities within the team and business are also available.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Internal Audit Senior Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Internal Controls Technology, ICT & Telecoms £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne