Senior Internal Auditor - FTSE 10
Our client, one of the world's leading telecommunications companies, seeks a high-calibre Senior Internal Auditor for its Group internal audit team. Working as part of a team, you will provide risk-based independent assurance of the effectiveness of the Group's internal controls to senior management and the main board Audit and Risk Committee within Group Commercial and Business Development areas of the business.
In addition, you will lead specific audits in the Finance and Supply Chain domain across the Group in accordance with the Internal Audit guidelines and methodology, building positive relationships with leaders and providing pragmatic recommendations that reduce risk and add value.
This is a great opportunity to shape a career within a FTSE 50 company. Due to the structure of the organisation, you will gain privileged exposure to leaders and senior management within the business, be given increasing autonomy within your role as well as international experience. Career progression both within the team and wider business is promoted; backed by the fact that 45% of Directors have worked internationally in one of the businesses 26 global locations, and they aim to hire 70% of their senior leaders from within.
Whilst covering a large geographical region, travel is relatively low - approximately 30%, primarily to the European operating companies.
This role is based in London Paddington. In addition the business promotes flexible working.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Finance, accounting or auditing qualification ACA, ACCA, CIA, CA, CPA or equivalent
- Top-tier practice trained or from a large and complex international business
- Experience in audit, with a strong focus on finance, commercial, and business development activities
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Analytical skills, with an ability to work in detail and also see the big picture
- Able to prioritise, multitask and be comfortable with a changing environment
- Fluent in English - written and spoken