The plant controller position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the business. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, forecasting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
- Develop and manage the Financial reporting and management of the accounting system
- Timely preparation and issuance of the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including maintaining the books and records for the parent holding company and preparing the necessary consolidation and elimination entries for the combined entities of the parent company.
- Provide forecasting support; annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasts, monthly planning
- Responsible for all aspects of the cash management function, including the development and management of systems for the effective collection of receivables and payment of obligations.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Perform variance analysis and reconciliation of goods receipts with financial statements.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
- Performs walk through of the plant with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all plant issues.
- Manage the day to day banking relationships and reporting, assisting as needed in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and/or annual compliance certificates
- Prepare for and manage the annual outside audit
- Preparation of Detailed analytical reports on company performance
- Interaction with rest of the Management Team providing timely and accurate financial analysis of risks and opportunities
- Supervision of Accounting staff
- Implementing proper controls and procedures to ensure the company is protected from fraudulent activities
- Management of the standard costing system
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare necessary daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Assure company Policies and Procedures are adequate and adhered to
- Manage the general insurance policies are up to date and in place
- Assist with the review and management of the company’s benefit programs and recommend any changes
- Assist with any other duties as assigned
- Assure adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
Education, Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA/MBA a plus
- Minimum five years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and computer based accounting systems, experience with Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Kronos or ADP is a plus.
- Experience with managing people
- Experience with cost accounting, budgeting, A/P, A/R and P/R and cash forecasting
- Ability to develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations
- Good communication skills; written and verbal