Future Audit Partnership Opportunity for Senior Managers - Public Interest Entity Sector
Driven by UK and global regulation and a need for market competition there is a substantial increase in the pipeline of public interest entity tender opportunities to which our client is uniquely placed to build a significant market presence.
Our client has an impressive FRC AQR scores, and existing PIE market audit credentials, which supports their ability to win in a changing market place focussing on audit quality and market choice.
The PIE opportunity is internationally focussed and driven by global dynamics and their international network is clearly placed to take advantage – through footprint, size and market recognition.
The financial dynamics of PIE audit work lends itself, when well-managed, to profitable work on which to substantially grow their business and support the career aspirations of top talent within their industry.
Our client is recruiting highly talented Audit Senior Managers to build their PIE credentials and support business growth in this area. These high performing individuals are expected to drive growth in the business and in doing so should expect to fuel their career potential within the firm – and have a fully developed case for partnership within a few years.
The role will focus on large, international, complex, public interest entity clients and targets, along with coaching and developing teams in this expert area of handling AQR in-scope clients and targets. The individual will be provided with a portfolio focussed on large complex clients, but with capacity to be fully involved in the marketing and tendering of PIE opportunities.
The SM will be a senior member of the audit group and will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
- Act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered – in particular in meeting the highest quality thresholds expected of the FRC’s AQR.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.- in particular in developing a support team that is skilled in undertaking high quality AQR in-scope projects.
- Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients.
- Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
- Take part in wider practice management at local level.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate – in particular with a focus on large, international, public interest entities and supporting the Firm’s growth in this area.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Participate in Key Account Management.
- Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
- Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
- Currently Big 4/Top 10 with the past 3 years having been based in the UK - preferably trained in the UK with ACA/ICAS qualification – or overseas equivalent.
- At least 4 years post qualified experience – preferably now at Senior Audit Manager grade with the potential and ambition to go progress to partner.
- Must have PIE audits in their current client portfolio - preferably recent senior experience with FTSE 250.
- Experience of dealing directly with the AQR in respect of an audit file review in the past 2 years – preferably graded 2b or above.
- Experience of having been part of the core pitch team to a PIE target, involved in the final pitch presentation of at least one tender in the last year.
- Appetite to be involved in tendering and presenting to targets and audit committees. Must be able to demonstrate effective presentation skills.
- Sector expertise sits secondary to PIE experience, but PIE experience in one of Natural Resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Property / Construction, Technology would be an advantage.
- An appetite, and experience, in travelling to overseas to oversee ISA600 group reporting. A long term secondment overseas in the past may be advantageous.
- Willing to invest in staff and be key to leading and building further depth in teams focussed on PIE work. Team coaching and mentoring skills are key.