Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, a leading telecommunications company, seeks a high-calibre Senior Internal Auditor for its UK internal audit function. Working as part of a team, you will provide management, stakeholders and decision makers with the assurance that controls and core processes are reliable, effective and being operated as designed.
On a day to day basis, you will manage the planning, performance and report delivery of allocated audits and control testing assignments covering the UK business, subsidiaries and Joint Ventures. This includes ensuring delivery of the end to end audit process to acceptable professional standards and the completion of formal reporting of the result and liaising with management and other stakeholders on remediation plans.
Due to the level of responsibility provided in the role, it is essential that this individual is able to build and maintain close working relationships with senior management, control owners and other key stakeholders across the organisation; often becoming the main point of contact for their portfolio of stakeholders.
In addition to internal audit work, you will proactively engage with the business and Risk Business Partners to ensure a coordinated approach in relation to risk identification as part of the design and development of new products and propositions and to identify assurance requirements.
Applicants should be hold a recognised accounting or audit qualification and ideally come from a top-tier practice audit environment. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as is a methodical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Whilst based in the company's head office in Slough, occasional travel may be required to other sites, subsidiary companies or to audit joint ventures.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Finance, accounting and auditing /or equivalent qualification ACA, ACCA, CIA, CA, CPA
- Top-tier practice trained or from a large and complex business
- Experience in audit, with a strong focus on finance, commercial and operational areas
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Analytical skills, with an ability to work in detail and also see the big picture
- Able to prioritise, multitask and be comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English - written and spoken