Internal Audit Manager
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Audit Committee of Willis Towers Watson Corporation’s Board of Directors. The global department has approximately 45 team members located in London, Ipswich and New York. The department’s primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Willis Towers Watson’s internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations.
The Audit Manager is primarily responsible for leading audit projects of Willis Towers Watson business units to evaluate the adequacy of the business unit’s overall control environment in both design and application. The Audit Manager is also responsible for leading and/or assisting in corporate investigations, and ad-hoc special projects. While primarily based in one audit office, the Audit Manager will be required to complete audits and projects in London and be willing to travel in the UK and Worldwide.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Audit Manager are:
- Leading Internal Audits and project work to evaluate key risks and the adequacy of controls within the Willis Towers Watson business units and/or key business processes, including:
- Development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of audit test procedures
- Communicating regularly audit findings noted from the review to the Senior Audit Manager
- Providing review and approval of workpaper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed, and
- Responsibility for audit completion and delivery of projects to time and budget.
- Ability to participate in peer group led audits as a team member
- Having gravitas and maturity to make oral and written presentations to senior management throughout and at the conclusion of the audit by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operational controls to mitigate risk and/or reductions in costs
- Preparing the draft audit report for the Senior Audit Manager’s review, ensuring audit comments are clear, concise and focused on the root cause of the issue and intended outcome, and presented in GIA report style and context
- Providing the necessary supervision to assigned audit staff working on audit projects
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company
- Working as a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- As required, provide input into infrastructure initiatives within the department e.g. templates, audit manual and methodologies
- Working with Willis Towers Watson Limited Audit Director and Senior Audit Managers to perform an annual audit risk assessment and universe review of the Willis Towers Watson Limited businesses
- Maintain and enhance the stakeholder relationships with key global business management. Ensure communications to senior management are transparent, clear and appropriate.
The key skills required for this position are:
- A general knowledge of and experience in Willis Towers Watson operations (e.g. insurance brokerage, reinsurance, consulting, etc.) or comparable company & industry experience
- Experience of managing assignment teams to successful delivery
- Possesses the required work experience and professional certifications in the audit field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with senior management within the company
- A solid knowledge and understanding of Risk Based Internal Auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Degree level education (equivalent 2.1 level or equivalent)
- Professional Qualification: such as Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, etc., are preferred
- Experience in a comparable role at senior auditor or manager level with a large multi-national, financial services or Big 4 firm.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer