Senior Audit Manager
Job Description Summary:
To ensure that all work allocated is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Further, to ensure that all employees are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential and to assist in the development of the office.
Audit Senior Manager – Milton Keynes
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It’s our job to work with them to help them grow sustainably and fulfil their responsibilities. In audit, we work with clients of all different sizes across many different sectors. You’ll work with clients at their sites, getting to the heart of how they work and the challenges they face. Making the most of your audit experience and client management skills, you’ll help our clients mitigate risks and work more effectively. And you’ll help to shape a vibrant economy and contribute to making sure the whole business community is built on trust and integrity.
Our brand new Milton Keynes office, based in Victoria House on Avebury Boulevard, offers a collaborative, stylish and comfortable workspace to develop, progress and thrive in. We welcome colleagues, clients and our business community into the space, creating an open and relaxed vibe, giving us the opportunity to communicate and connect more freely.
What you’ll be doing:
- you’ll be leading on audit reviews, agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists) and monitoring budgets
- you’ll lead an exciting portfolio of diverse clients, and provide them with an exceptional level of clarity and insight on complicated issues
- you’ll build and maintain strong client relationships, recognising the value of exceptional client service and ensuring you understand and manage the client’s expectations effectively at all times
- you’ll assist your senior colleagues when generating new business, from target stage to proposal and beyond
- you’ll be keen to get involved in wider BD activity and build the brand across the region
- you’ll be responsible for managing, motivating and coaching team members, providing regular feedback and supporting their development
Who we're looking for:
- you'll be professionally qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA), or equivalent
- you’ll have extensive post-qualification experience in audit and you’ll be keen to work with a diverse range of regional businesses, across differing industry lines, whilst building new business relationships
- you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of key reporting standards (GAAP, FRS, IFRS)
- you’ll have strong people management skills, enabling you to support, coach and mentor more-junior colleagues
- you’ll have a proven track record of effectively leading client engagements
- You must be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA (or hold a similar professional qualification)
- You will need to be able to demonstrate experience managing large portfolios of clients
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.