International UN Grant Assurance – Audit Senior / Assistant Manager - Global travel
Are you unfulfilled as an Audit Senior/ Assistant Manager, Audit Manager? Are you in need of some inspiration, maybe a new and rewarding career with a little exotic travel supporting truly worthwhile causes, perhaps even the chance to use your 2nd language skills?
Our partner, specialists in International Grant Assurance are seeking outgoing auditors for a critical role; navigating a diverse group of grant recipients & donors, such as the United Nations & the World Bank stakeholders worldwide (Malawi, Peru, Vietnam, Belgium, Oxford, Sierra Leone, Brazil, Fiji, Cameroon). You'll be London-based travelling 40-50% per annum on assignments 1 to 2 weeks in length.
These unique and extremely rewarding opportunities would suit experienced audit professionals that are outgoing, love diverse travel experiences, meeting and supporting a broad range of inspiring people and supporting very worthwhile causes.
Overseas assignments are typically 1-2 weeks in length and could mean travel to one of over 100 countries/ territories. It presents a fantastic opportunity to see the parts of the world you’d never otherwise get to see, work with lovely people and pick up extremely relevant institutional donor and fieldwork experience; vital for anyone seeking a career in the international development NGO sector.
Complete expenditure &/ or VFM audits of a extremely diverse range of projects funded by international donor institutions ranging from emergency aid, to long term development in areas such as agriculture, health or infrastructure, to more commercial projects such as SME development or technical research. Additionally, depending on your seniority you will provide on the job training and guidance to more junior team members throughout the assignment process.
The role will use all your communication, problem-solving and analytical skills and will give you experience in working with major institutions all over the world. An example assignment might see you leading an audit opening meeting with a UNICEF country office on the Monday morning, before heading off to spend a few days with a local NGO or government partners to audit the way they have spent UN funds. You will look at a sample of supporting documents to make sure the expenditure is genuine and for the purposes intended by UNICEF, and review the internal controls of the NGO, making recommendations as to how these might be improved to strengthen the management of the UN resources. At the end of the fieldwork, you will draft at aide-memoire document and discuss your findings with both the UN and its local partner, explaining your reasoning and being prepared to defend your position. At the airport, you could even start drafting the formal report as you wait for your flight back to London. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, we will offer internal training to maximise your personal and technical skills.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIA or equivalent (Finalists also considered)
- Diplomacy and cultural sensitivity while working with a hugely diverse range of clients and beneficiaries
- A real interest in international development and associated funding structures
- Fluency in a second language is preferable, especially in French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, or Mandarin and Arabic.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Team worker
- Resilience and adaptability
- Internationally recognised audit qualification preferable.
- At least two-three years of audit experience; ideally but not essentially grant/ expenditure audit in nfp/ public sector.
- Ability to work under pressure; Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Sound technical and analytical skills, report writing and presentation skills
- Passionate about international travel and development and willing to work in international locations for up to 50% of the time
Candidates for permanent London based roles must have the right to work in the UK.
AfID are leading specialists in supporting NGOs operating globally with their financial management capacity & recruitment needs, on both a 'pro-bono' & 'commercial' basis. For more opportunities in the international development sector (International & UK) or to find out more about how we can assist your non-profit organisation please visit the AfID website.