Senior IT Specialist – Financial Control & Assurance
Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular nuclear medicine theragnostics. AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
AAA is looking for a Senior IT Specialist to be based in Geneva and reporting to the Head of Financial Control and Assurance (FC&A).
Working with the subsidiaries of AAA will require frequent travels to Europe and to the USA. On average, we estimate that 20% to 40% of the time will be spent outside of the Geneva office.
- Takes responsibilities in ensuring the compliance with Novartis Group and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements:
- Documents and tests internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley; supports planning of gap remediation;
- Assists and trains control owners in performing their controls;
- Reviews testing documentation that is prepared by third party providers.
- Performs standard management and financial audits to identify exceptions to operating procedures and standards, ITGC and automatic controls audit, and develops specific solutions or recommendations.
- Responsible for daily activities in support of and relating to the organization's Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Gathers data and creates reports documenting internal controls over financial reporting. May interact with external auditors as needed.
- Executes special projects, including internal audit tasks, performs in-depth issue analyses and other duties as required and assigned.
- At least 5 years of internal/external auditing experience, preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or in the accounting, audit or compliance departments of a public company, preferably with SOX compliance responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, to complete projects on time, and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in the assessment of the occurrence probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Ability to lead audits, manage projects and participate in audit assignments in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS), auditing standards (PCAOB), computer systems, and general business operations.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Willingness to travel - Fluency in English mandatory, French is highly appreciated, Italian and / or Spanish an asset.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, autonomous, reliable, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.