St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with over £95.6bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded ‘Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Audit Manager – Level 4
Location of Job Role: Cirencester
Attractive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Main Purpose of the Job:
To lead and deliver complex audits assignments (where appropriate with a focus on using data analytics) to provide assurance to senior management on the effectiveness of the control environment, as well as identifying opportunities to enhance the efficiency of business processes.
- Plan, lead and deliver audits to a high quality and in compliance with audit methodology, within agreed budget and timescales.
- Promote and develop the use of data analytics by the internal audit team to support the efficient delivery of audits and provide enhanced insight to management on their processes.
- Engage with stakeholders, throughout audits, to ensure they are kept up-to-date and are aware of emerging issues.
- Take full responsibility for producing clear, comprehensive and concise scope documents, audit working papers and impactful audit reports.
- Present findings to senior management and agree appropriate actions which balance risks, strategic objectives and commercial realities.
- Act as Lead Auditor on larger audit assignments, managing other colleagues and co-source auditors.
- Substantial knowledge of the financial services industry and working in a regulated company.
- Good understanding and practical experience of internal audit methodology and process.
- Hands-on experience of deploying data analytics during the delivery of audits.
- The ability to concisely and impactfully articulate audit findings to Directors and senior management, and cope with challenging conversations.
- Strong personal impact with the ability to build enduring relationships across the business.
Some travel to our third-party administrators in Scotland, Essex and Dublin, with potential for travel to Asia and India.
Research tells us that applicants (especially those from underrepresented groups) can be put off from applying for a role if they do not meet all the criteria. If you think you would be a good match for this role and can demonstrate some transferable experience please apply, regardless of whether you tick every box. We are open to discussing reduced hours, job share arrangements and flexible working so please ask the question and start the conversation!
Thank you for taking an interest in a career with St. James’s Place Wealth Management. We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to ensuring all applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities, you will also receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and your family, life assurance, equity participation opportunities, and an attractive holiday allowance, to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed over £70 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2018 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2018 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2018 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’ by readers of Money Pages and voted the City of London '2018 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.