Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a Tax Partner in our New York City office – no book of business required. We are a growing nationally recognized full-service accounting, tax, and consulting firm. We are ranked the 22nd largest accounting firm in the US with over 1,100 partners and staff and 11 offices.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- CPA license is required
- Masters of Tax or LLM Tax is ideal
- Book of business is not required
- 15+ years of public accounting experience; partner at a Top 25 accounting firm
- Broad and deep understanding of taxation with a focus on closely-held businesses; S-Corporations; Partnerships; LLCs; high net worth individuals
- Deep experience reviewing and signing complex federal and state income tax returns
- Understanding of financial statements
- Demonstrated skills necessary to ensure high quality client service
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic
The following qualifications are strongly preferred but not required:
- Experience in representing clients at the IRS and state tax audits; appeals and dispute resolution
- Litigation support experience including assisting law firms on civil and criminal tax cases
- Experience in writing federal and state tax protests