Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is a Start Up Investment Bank catering to Media, Technology, Telecommnications and consumer sectors. They are looking to an Accountant to join their team in their New York City location. This is a newly created position, so your contributions will make a difference! The ideal candidate will have a CPA and very tech savvy. Apply today!
- Perform monthly close activities (e.g., month-end close journal entries, analysis, reconciliations, accruals)
- Assist controller in preparation and audit of Financial Statements
- Analyze inter-company accounts
- Assist accounting team in design and testing of internal control procedures
- Helping to build models for planning purposes
- Prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations such as banks, AR and AP
- Propose and execute improvements to current financial reporting and analysis.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (public accounting experience in preferred)