Business Intelligence Manager - Top Advisory firm - London
Our client wishes to grow its business intelligence team, which was established last year and forms part of its London-based forensic services group.
They are seeking a dedicated, experienced and adaptable business Intelligence professional to work closely with and support their head of business intelligence.
As a Manager, your primary responsibilities will be for managing all aspects of a small portfolio of projects and for the timely delivery of high quality services.
You will also be expected to contribute toward marketing and business development initiatives.
- Highly developed investigative research skills, including mastery of a range of key Corporate Intelligence databases and thorough knowledge of other online investigative research tools
- Excellent written English, especially report writing and structuring skills
- Additional language skills a plus though not essential
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy whilst working to tight deadlines
- A wide network of existing corporate intelligence subcontractor contacts, and a detailed understanding of the strengths and limitations of this network
- Good wider communication skills and experience of managing corporate intelligence subcontractors to get the best out of them
- Liaison with a diverse range of clients as a normal part of an investigative project.
- Be responsible for and ensure excellent client service and delivery on assignments.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities and inform the partner and client as appropriate.
- Maintain a network of professional and business contacts.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Support the head of corporate intelligence, and occasionally other forensic partners and directors, on ad hoc assignments, as needed.
- Strong academic credentials and a deep understanding of international business and politics.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a full-time corporate intelligence professional, working within one of the leading boutique firms in this field or a major accounting firm.
- Superlative investigative research skills within a corporate intelligence context, and strong report writing.
- Experience of leading projects and managing subcontractors.
- Enjoyment of working within a small team environment.
- A highly professional and ethical approach to your work.
- Openness to learning rapidly through on-the-job experience.