Internal Audit Manger (direct line manager)
A FTSE 250 tech/media business is building an audit team from scratch and our first assignment is to find an Internal Audit Manager based in London.
The audit department provide independent assurance to the board of Directors of the Group, verifying that the controls throughout the Group’s operations are adequate and fit for purpose.
As this is a new department, the business has the opportunity to create a world-class team. By delivering risk-based value they are set to be everything but a compliance function. The main objective of the IA function is to be a fully independent and objective partner that helps the business in its mission to manage risk.
The Audit Manager will directly manage a Senior Internal Auditor and will report directly to Global Head of Internal Audit, who is also based in London. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to manage auditors directly, whilst also developing their AC exposure and report writing skills. Travel is expected to be 15-20%
The main responsibilities are:
- To act as the ‘right-hand-person’ to the Global Head of Audit, helping to push the department forward, whilst developing relationships internally.
- To work in a diverse team environment and conduct corporate and financial risk-assessments as well as specialised audits and one-off consulting projects.
- To have responsibility for the end-to-end audit process from planning to completion and follow up.
- To understand, improve and review the internal controls and provide assurance on their effectiveness.
- To make recommendations after engaging with regional operational managers and directors.
- To produce concise and engaging reports on findings and recommendations.
- To attend and deliver company-wide training with the aim of constantly improving professionally and personally.
- To assist the implementation of the Group’s IA systems into newly acquired businesses.
- To contribute to the recruitment, development and training of junior IA staff (currently one Senior Internal Auditor).
- To take advantage of the high level of exposure to senior management and executives across the Group to elevate your career professionally.
What and who are we looking for?
The successful applicant is likely to be a professional services trained auditor (possibly with industry experience), who is ready to make the next step up to management or is an established people manager already. You will likely hold a qualification such as ACA, ACCA or IIA. A second language will be useful, but the working language across the Group is English. We are looking for the best auditors, so we are open to relocating EU passport holders.
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.