Senior Internal Auditor
Our Client is a leading international automotive dealership group who are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to be based out of London and travelling to sites across Europe and Africa. Your role will be planning, executing and reporting end-to-end business (Financial, Operational & Compliance) Audits.
You will review the Company’s operations, focussing on risk management, internal controls and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes. Liaising with all levels of management and building successful relationships across the business. Contributing to the identification and assessment of company risks. Participating in the follow-up process, preparation for Audit Committee reporting and the execution of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Interview staff and Management on Financial, Operating and Compliance questions, perform walkthroughs, design and execute tests to assess operational effectiveness.
- Executing Audit work programs and documenting results in a clear manner.
- Undertake audit work ensuring that sufficient reliable evidence is gathered to support any opinion drawn.
- Produce effective and timely reports and other audit documentation / work papers complying with company and professional standards.
- Maintain good relations with the Team at Head Office, Operating Companies and third-party distributors, while maintaining independence.
- Identify opportunities to improve audit procedures and methods.
- Complete assignments in a cost-effective manner.
- Support the development of best practice, assist in the development of the department to improve the audit process and undertake ad-hoc special projects
- Degree holder in Finance or Accounting.
- Qualified accountant/auditor or equivalent.
- Proven ability to manage and complete a complex Audit Program including complex testing.
- Familiar with the management and analysis of large amounts of data.
- At least 1-2 years post qualification audit experience, including performing audits independently.
- SAP/or equivalent and IT controls knowledge, proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), data analytics skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry would be a major advantage
- Strong desire to travel is essential.
- High level of English (written and spoken) and other European language skills are desirable.
- Prepared to travel up to 50% and to be away for periods of 2 weeks
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to Gareth Mortimer or via the 'apply' button below.