Stratford upon Avon, Bristol, York or Glasgow
Up to £50,000 (based on being fully qualified)
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
This role can be based from Stratford upon Avon; Glasgow; York or Bristol
As part of the Internal Audit team you will lead assigned audit reviews producing reports to evidence your findings. You will work closely with your business area to make recommendations to bring about improvements to processes and controls.
- Reporting directly to the Audit Manager, you will be involved at all stages of the Internal Audit process.
- You will have the opportunity to work within different teams and management across the business, reviewing the effectiveness of business processes whilst challenging and supporting improvements to the control environment.
- You will arrange and attend meetings with key stakeholders to agree the scope of audits and will deliver the audit testing whilst producing audit reports
- Actively develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders whilst gaining knowledge and insight into the issues affecting the business.
- Working as an effective and trusted partner with your business management teams.
- There will be an element of travel with this role.
- Knowledge or experience of assessing risk and controls, designing audit programmes with support to reflect the operational and business environment
- Relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics
- A working knowledge of data analytics and data visualisation techniques
- Ability to think independently and provide constructive challenge on individual audit engagements
- Enquiring and analytical mind
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) Diploma in Internal Audit Practice, or equivalent which may include:
- Chartered Institute of Insurance to Diploma level
- ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
- ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- ISACA Certification: IT Audit, Security, Governance and Risk
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Marketing: CIM / IDM / CAM (Diploma or equivalent)
- Human Resources: CIPD (Intermediate or Advanced)
- Project Management: APM, APMG, PMI (at least Practitioner or equivalent)
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button below.
Closing date: 27th August 2019