Associate Audit Director - IT, Analytics and GBS
About the Position
This position holds overall accountability for performing risk assessments, determining adequate audit coverage to monitor system of internal controls/risk mitigation, planning and the execution of global IT and Global Business Services operations (IT risks, procure to pay, hire to retire, GBS Account to report and order to cash end to end processes), including managing co-source partnership. Recruits and develops talent within the company's rotational positions across the business.
- Develop an overall understanding of business risks and the effectiveness of internal controls and operating practices in the assigned region.
- Liaise with the CIO, Chief Security Officer and GBS Leaders on assuring an adequate system of internal controls exists and is monitored appropriately.
- Develop and update annual audit plan for IT & GBS risk as part of the overall global audit plan, including detailed risk assessment and justification for proposed coverage in any given year.
- Direct co-source provider and assign appropriate resources to ensure planned coverage is met effectively and efficiently.
- Provide challenging and career developing experiences to retain audit staff.
- Ensure overall quality of the audit work by continuously challenging audit teams to focus work on high-risk areas as part of the individual audit risk assessment process.
- Develop thorough understanding of coverage, control weaknesses, business exposure and management action plans on each individual audit.
- Timely issue audit reports for completed audit work.
- Ensure overall quality of audit work performed and documentation / teammate file (both for individual audits and for overall risk assessment).
- Assist in the development of annual audit budget in assigned area of responsibility and manage / track audit work throughout the year to work within established budgets.
- Support the preparation of presentations to key stakeholders, including the Audit Committee and senior management.
- Communicate regularly and timely with audit group management, public accountants and other third parties to understand expectations and trends in risk assessment.
- Communicate with senior segment / function management to solicit thoughts, ideas and concerns relative to the business, particularly with regard to highly volatile businesses or geographical areas and to share and address common internal control deficiencies across the operating companies.
- Liaise with the Corporate Controller's group to coordinate risk assessment and mitigation activities on a company wide basis.
- Prepare audit reports with a balanced view of business risk, discuss result of audit work with segment / function management and manage the audit report clearing process.
- Effectively manage and lead the co-source partner to deliver best in class audit services.
- Develop audit staff through on the job coaching, developmental and special assignments, formal training and regular staff meetings for sharing best practices.
- Develop an open and honest working relationship both within the audit group and within the broader organisation.
- Actively assist in promoting the image and role of the audit group within the business.
- Continue to evaluate audit practices and processes to ensure quality enabled productivity gains and benchmarks operational practices through active involvement in peer group meetings and internal audit forums.
Education and Experience
- Certified Information Systems Auditor or similar.
- 12 to 14 years of experience in a variety of roles including external / internal audit experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls including IT General Controls and audit practices.
- Experience to lead Enterprise Risk Management process including presentation of results to Executive Management.
- Managerial experience of leading teams.
- Knowledge of FMCG key business operations with in depth knowledge in the areas of supply chain, marketing, information systems, sales, customer service and trade.
- Experience working with a general understanding of enterprise resource planning applications. SAP experience is a must.
- Experience with Data Analytics and Robotics Process Automation.
- Experience with Cybersecurity governance and risk management.
- Fluency in English is a MUST, other language skills are a plus.