Competition Services Manager –Global Advisory Firm-
Our client is looking for an individual to join its competition services team, with a principal focus on monitoring trustee assignments in merger control, anti-trust and state aid cases reporting to competition regulators around the world.
Key tasks will include:
- Monitoring the parties’ compliance with commitments offered to competition authorities. In particular:
- Confirming that a fair and transparent divestiture process takes place
- Ensuring that the divested businesses are kept separate from retained businesses prior to closing
- Ensuring that the divested businesses are maintained as competitive entities, free from interference by the retained businesses
- Ensuring compliance with behavioral requirements, such as non-solicitation, pricing requirements
- Confirming that prospective purchasers of divested assets meet the purchaser criteria required by the regulator
- Manage work streams of larger projects (eg monitoring of divestiture processes, viability monitoring of divestment businesses and hold-separate/ring-fencing obligations).
- Previous experience of monitoring roles would be helpful, although not essential
- Practical experience of how businesses work in a commercial setting, through direct experience or through audit/advisory/consulting roles
- At least three years’ experience in an accounting/consulting firm or similar
- Some accounting knowledge.
- Clear report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines
- Foreign language skills desirable but not essential
The role will involve some degree of travel both in the UK and internationally, and therefore the flexibility to do this on short notice will also be helpful.