Senior Internal Auditor - Insurance
This major award-winning financial services/insurance group has a passionate and people-centred culture and commitment to work-life balance with flexible the opportunity to work from home for one day per week. It invests in training and development as well as having a strong focus on corporate social responsibility.
The UK business is headquartered in Bristol, is the leading player in their key markets and has delivered impressive growth over the last few years.
Based in Bristol, the expanding Internal Audit team operates right across the UK operations of the business and engages with a wide range of stakeholders including some of the most senior management – offering great scope to learn about the business and develop a strong internal network. You will also be part of a much larger group audit function (based in Europe) and so will also get the opportunity to share best practice and to work collaboratively across the wider group on audits and thematic reviews.
As a result of an internal promotion, the Head of Audit is looking for an experienced auditor to join the expanding team. As a key member of the team you will work with the business to identify and evaluate key business risks and controls, to define the audit scope, to plan and execute audits and report on findings and undertake the necessary tracking/follow-up to ensure that audit recommendations have been implemented. You will also have an input into the development of the annual audit plan, actively contribute ideas to the improvement and development of audit methodology/approach and own the management and development of key stakeholder relationships right across the business.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have a strong background in audit – preferably gained within a financial services environment
- Ideally have internal audit experience and good working knowledge of internal audit standards and practices
- Ideally hold a relevant accounting or audit qualification
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of controls, risk management, compliance and corporate governance
- Have native-level fluency in English and excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, with the confidence and gravitas to engage and meet with senior stakeholders
- Have strong project management and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage competing workloads
- Have the ability to work on you own initiative as well as part of a wider team
- Have the flexibility to undertake some wider UK travel (not greater than 15% of your time)
On offer is a salary of c£45,000 - £50,000 plus generous benefits. Please note that you MUST be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor - Insurance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly