Internal Auditor - PRA, Liquidity and Treasury Risk
This major global player in investment management, custodial and investment services has a well-established and long standing reputation, yet continues to innovate and to grow both organically and through acquisition. The business is the market leader in each of its 3 key lines of business and is the global number 1 in their largest service line. However, the audit function is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focused environment with a collaborative approach and no "politics".
With a culture of employee recognition and of philanthropy that takes sustainability and social responsibility seriously and values its employees accordingly, there is also a strong track record of career development within audit, the broader governance function and into other operational areas – both in the UK and overseas. The Audit leadership team really do passionately believe that the function “lives or dies by the team” and has a strong ethos of work/life balance – a culture that can be rare to find in financial services.
The EMEA audit function is led from the UK but globally audit has a number of functional and business facing teams that work across all 4 of their Geographic territories. Their growing Liquidity and Capital Management SME team is led from London and this opportunity will report into the EMEA Head of Audit for Liquidity/Treasury.
Based in Canary Wharf, this is fantastic opportunity for a PRA/Liquidity/Treasury governance specialist to join this relatively newly formed and growing dedicated SME team operating across the EMEA region. As a key member of the team, you will enjoy lots of variety and be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of PRA centred audits – working right across the full range of service lines of the business. Audit lead responsibility is rotated around the team so sometimes you will be leading and other times adopting more of a team-member role within the audit. The nature of the audits but typically focuses on the PRA regulatory requirements for liquidity and Treasury management eg ICAAP, ILAAP, Model Risk, Stress testing, regulatory monitoring etc
Your career growth will either be upwards on the team into more of a staff management role or else on into other related areas of the bank eg regulatory, compliance, risk, etc
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Participate and lead smaller audit engagements with increasing responsibilities over time in prudential risk and other audit reviews in the area of risk, treasury and finance
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, and challenging management to ensure appropriate remediation action is taken
- Maintain global subject matter expertise regarding liquidity and/or capital management, including best practices, key control processes, regulatory requirements and their application across the business
- Provide liquidity and/or capital management specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general by advising on necessary training and providing support for any regulatory requests
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees
This opportunity has limited travel requirements, though you will work collaboratively on both a physical and a “virtual” basis with other members of the Liquidity & capital Management Audit and other audit teams.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have a relevant finance, or business degree and ideally a recognised professional qualification eg FRM, MBA, CPA,CFA, CIA etc
- Have at least 4-5 years relevant experience in financial services regulatory governance environment:
- EITHER In audit/consulting with specific experience in liquidity and/or capital management (Basel, SREP, ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP)
- OR In a regulatory or treasury function, with a keen interest in moving into a third line audit opportunity
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing and delivering risk based projects
- Have good knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws as well as good governance practices
- Be a team player with enthusiasm and the genuine ambition to build your career
- Have strong communication skills, an engaging style and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders – both within the audit function and across the wider business
- Be able to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and apply logical, well-constructed arguments to persuade and influence others to adopt a new point of view
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary of c£70,000 -£80,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI etc Please note that you must be eligible to work within the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity
Apply for Internal Auditor - PRA, Liquidity and Treasury Risk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly