Complex Valuations Consultants, Managers and Directors - Global Advisory Firm
Our client with offices London and New York is a global valuations advisory firm and their complex valuations team provides financial instrument valuation and model governance advisory services to the firm’s clients as well as valuation services internally.
The team values instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with related valuation adjustments.
The team also engages in model design, implementation, documentation, validation and validation review activities.
We are helping recruit consultants, managers and directors for their team in London and New York who have experience in derivative pricing and /or model risk at a bank or advisory firm
- Providing assistance for the team’s testing of clients’ financial instrument valuations, across a wide range of instrument types and product classes, including valuation adjustments.
- Assisting clients across the entire model lifecycle (design, implementation, validation and risk).
- Examining conceptual soundness; reviewing and challenging underlying assumptions, theory, data and limitations of the client’s models.
- Writing detailed, structured and clear model documentation for client projects.
- Assisting in performing assessment of model governance, validation policies and control processes and advising best practice approaches.
- Building and/or reviewing internal pricing models for exotic instruments and help the team with on-boarding third party provided models.
- Providing assistance to the team’s software developers on their existing codebase (Python).
- Some travel to client sites which may or may not be based in London.
- A postgraduate degree (MSc/PhD) in engineering, physics, maths, quantitative finance or an allied field preferred.
- Strong teamwork skills – must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills in individual, team and collaborative consultant-client settings.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritise workloads and work under time pressure.
- A good understanding of derivative pricing, ideally including the related XVA’s.
- Theoretical understanding and hands on experience in developing mathematical models.
- Good knowledge of Python and/or C++.
US Nationals, green card holders and individuals currently holding an H1B Visa (looking to transfer) required as the US lottery is closed for 2019 for New York, and the right to work in the UK for London.