Finance and Control Accountant
This is a unique opportunity to gain well rounded exposure to all aspects of Finance including financial accounting, tax, and controls. This is an ideal role for a talented individual with practice experience, who is looking to quickly broaden their skillset. Responsibilities will include:
- Key contribution through year end audit process
- Sole responsibility for accounts preparation of two entities
- Producing quarterly VAT returns and yearly Corporation Tax computations
- Maintenance and improvement of internal control environment involving key stakeholder interactions.
- Building strong relationship with our external advisors (audit, tax, internal audit)
- Key month end responsibilities including reconciliations and journals
- Assisting in the development of new finance IT systems
This Financial and Control Accountant role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop meaningful and trusted relationships with stakeholders, group wide. In this role you will have to ability to implement change and influence others to have your ideas adopted.
You will gain unrivalled experience in a large and dynamic organisation building upon your technical skills and working amongst ambitious professionals from accounting and legal backgrounds.
What we expect:
- Chartered accountant with practice background
- Excellent analysis skills and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to interpret complex processes and produce control reports and matrices
- Accurate and timely production of financial statements and tax returns
- Strong stakeholder management skills, to engage with staff and stakeholders
- The ability to work proactively and to take responsibility for resolution of any issues.
Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
The role has been confirmed up until the end of February 2019, after which proposals are still being discussed as to the scope and location of the role beyond this date.
We currently have one vacancy for this position and we may be able to consider the option of working on a part time basis.
The minimum hours we can offer would be 28 hours per week working over four days.
If you would like to discuss the role, our culture or scope to work flexibly, we can arrange for this to happen - contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence.