Senior Internal Auditor - Liverpool
My client is an exciting, fast paced FMCG organisation with a clear and ambitious strategy for continued growth.
You will take responsibility for production and performance of internal audit workplan.
- Production of Audit workplan
- Identification and prioritisation of tasks.
- Retaining flexibility for addition of tasks which arise at short notice (for instance, a fraud investigation or at the request of the CFO or Audit Committee).
- Maintaining knowledge of recent accounting / tax / compliance developments, best practices and hot topics.
- Liaison with department heads.
- Liaison with Audit Committee.
- Performance of Audit workplan
- Scoping and understanding the tasks on the workplan.
- Arranging suitable dates and timescales for performance of audit work.
- Arranging travel and accommodation as required (expected travel commitment is c.20%, including both domestic and international locations)
- Performing audit work (see examples below).
- Writing reports on performed audit work to include recommendations.
- Liaising with department heads regarding these recommendations.
- Reporting to Audit Committee
- Attendance at audit committee meetings (3/4 per annum, mainland Europe)
- Production of presentation / report for these meetings
The workplan covers various aspects of compliance within the business and as an example recent audits have included corporate compliance, cyber security, GDPR, Fixed Assets process, supply chain reviewand specific reviews of our subsidiaries.
There is a high level of exposure to senior staff within the organisation including both executive and non-executive directors, and the successful candidate would be expected to be comfortable talking to both senior and junior members of staff.