External Audit Senior Non FS Leeds
EXTERNAL AUDIT SENIOR NON FS
BIG 4 GLOBAL ACCOUNTANCY FIRM
LEEDS, NORTH EAST, UK
Calling all talented Audit Professionals! Opportunities of a lifetime in the UK!
Are you a talented Audit Professional dreaming of an opportunity in one of the world’s most complex and sophisticated markets? If so, this is the role for you.
Please note EU working rights are required as sponsorship not available for these roles.
Due to continued success and growth in the UK market, exciting opportunities have arisen for talented External Audit Professionals to join a leading, Big 4 global accountancy and business advisory firm in one of the UK’s most fantastic cities and regions – Leeds, North East.
A career in their Non-Financial Services Audit practice, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. You will work with well-known brands, many with a broad international reach.
You will have the opportunity to become an authentic and inclusive leader, regardless of level and have unlimited access to development opportunities, now and in the future.
Leeds is a vibrant, modern city with a rich industrial past and on the doorstep of the natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales. The unofficial capital of Yorkshire, Leeds is located in the heart of the UK and can be easily reached by road, rail or air. Whether you’re looking for culture, history, shopping or just to wander and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, there’s so much to experience. The city is the proud home of world-class theatres, performance, music and dance, award-winning restaurants, a wealth of attractions and breath-taking architecture. Host to major international sporting events, colourful carnivals and festivals there’s a packed calendar of events waiting to be enjoyed.
As an Audit Senior, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution:
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships.
- EU/UK working rights
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.