Vice President - KYC (Global Financial Crimes Division)
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the department:
Compliance is responsible for ensuring that the firm complies with laws, regulations, rules of exchanges and markets in all countries in which the firm conducts its business. Compliance assists senior management in establishing compliance policies and procedures and in monitoring their efficiency and effectiveness.
The Financial Crimes Office for EMEA (FCOE) is part of the Compliance function and works to mitigate the risks of money laundering, bribery, corruption and other financial crime.
As a member of Financial Crimes Office for EMEA (FCOE), you will contribute to:
- Delivering high-quality and pro-active support to business activities, including an efficient client onboarding and KYC review service, assisting the firm to do business in the right way and to grow its business-footprint.
- Ensure the client onboarding and KYC processes effectively mitigate the risks of money laundering, bribery, corruption and other financial crime and the firm’s policies, procedures and activities comply with the rules of the regulatory requirements and relevant legislation.
- Deliver risk-based assurance to the firm’s senior management and the Group through independent challenge and quality reporting.
In all your activities ensure that the legal entity integrity of both MUFG Bank, Limited and MUFG Securities EMEA plc is respected, escalating to your supervisor if you identify any actual or perceived conflicts of interest between them.
In this role, you will be responsible for KYC across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
The role is within the second line of defence and you will be responsible for oversight of the Bank’s KYC, performed within the first line (i.e. the Front Office onboarding teams).
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Oversight of the Bank’s KYC onboarding processes, including
- Supervising a team of KYC SMEs responsible for checking high risk EDD cases onboarded by the Front Office
- Managing the Quality Assurance program to sample check low and medium risk CDD cases onboarded by Front Office
- Oversight of the daily screening process for PEP and adverse media alerts
- Providing assistance/advice to direct reports, Front Office and other support functions as required.
- Policies and procedures, local ownership of KYC procedures including development of the local procedure in line with Global KYC standards issued by the Global Financial Crime Headquarters in New York and in line with UK regulations. This will include local roll-out and input into training for both FCOE and Front Office.
- Technology and Systems development, input into funding and prioritisation requests, and business cases for system enhancements and upgrade.
- Financial Institutions KYC remediation project. Providing FCOE input into the Bank wide project to uplift KYC on Financial Institutions (FIs), including development of FI specific procedures, providing advise to Front Office on employment of those procedures and ongoing support of the initiative.
- Building an EMEA wide Centre of Excellence for KYC based in London, including building local capabilities for oversight of EMEA branch offices.
- 6-8 direct reports (AVP and Analyst level)
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of KYC and wider Financial Crime processes and controls.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and the key regulations governing the area.
- Experience of managing a KYC team or function.
- Experience of managing projects, especially implementation new KYC systems, policies or procedures.
- A confident approach, with the ability to provide clear direction to your team
- Excellent managerial/leadership experience
- The ability to lead a high performing team
- A strategic approach, with the ability to lead and motivate your team
- The ability to articulate and implement the vision/strategy for the FCOE team
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
More searches like this
- Compliance Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Quality Assurance Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Crime Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Compliance & Regulation Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)