Infrastructure Product Manager – Director Venue Connectivity
Infrastructure Product Manager – Director Venue Connectivity
Service Design & Engineering
Refinitiv are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization
Infrastructure Products in Refinitiv are deployed for private network customer connectivity; public network customer connectivity – internet & cloud; content acquisition - venue connectivity and news gathering etc , for core connectivity - supporting connectivity between Refinitiv data centres, and offices; and within data centres. The Infrastructure Products may be established services already in use on a global scale and exploiting a wide variety of technologies, or may be at the early stage of definition, being created in response to business need for innovation or other improvement. The Infrastructure Products may be operated in-house by Refinitiv staff, or in partnership with third party service providers: whichever operational model is used, network services must be managed and delivered consistently on behalf of customers, users and business stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Product Management, the Infrastructure Product Managers within Service Design and Engineering are accountable for the ongoing management of one or more Infrastructure Products and associated services used across Refinitiv, and/or the creation of new Infrastructure Products and all supporting capabilities in line with strategic objectives.
Infrastructure Product Managers form the focus of the multi-faceted demands of delivering complex services to demanding customers and stakeholders in global markets, while driving continuous improvement in service levels, simplification and reducing the total cost of ownership.
Infrastructure Product Managers work closely with:-
Business units and channel teams (directly and indirectly as necessary) to collate, validate and prioritise requirements associated with network services Each area of the Technology Operations Group teams involved through the lifecycle of network services, from strategy, inception, design and launch to end of life External service providers and suppliers to gain a firm understanding of Infrastructure Technology industry trends, threats and opportunities relevant to Refinitiv (i.e. complementary to ongoing commercial and service operational relationships).
Infrastructure Product Managers are responsible for ensuring that optimal and consistent technical, commercial and service design considerations are made, balancing simplification and rapid time to market with service competitiveness and driving down Refinitiv total cost of networking. The overall objective is to ensure Refinitiv can deliver a consistent set of clearly-specified network services to its customers and business units, at appropriate costs, levels of service and convenience.
Venue Connectivity at a glance
- Provides the network service and transport layer between Market Data Sources – Exchanges, Brokers, News Bureaus – and Refinitiv.
- Connects more than 1,000 feeds from over 200 Market Data Sources into Refinitiv product families.
- Defines vital Refinitiv product characteristics such as global coverage, data quality, reliability, and speed.
The main responsibilities of the Infrastructure Product Managers are to work with a broad range of stakeholders to:
- Define and drive the vision, design, and feature set of Infrastructure Technology services.
- Devise business plans for budgetary approval and roadmaps.
- Drive innovation and differentiation across Infrastructure Products to address current and future needs and deliver continuous optimization.
- Perform effective ownership of strategy, design, business requirements, feature and functionality trade-offs for the network services in scope.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of how each established network service is currently performing for users, across the service, financial and competitive considerations for Refinitiv target market segments, and ensuring that regular reporting is effective.
- Collate and interpret competitive and market information on network services provided by network providers and other financial market data providers in all Refinitiv target market segments, comparing new offerings with established network services to identify opportunities for innovation and business improvement.
- Ensure network services are clearly and consistently defined to a sufficient level of detail that allows supporting teams to deliver the constituent elements of the service (both functional attributes such as network capacity and performance levels, and non-functional attributes such as fulfilment and assurance processes, reporting and commercial support).
- Where applicable, set internal costs of network connectivity services used by customers, and cost allocation rules for non-customer-facing Infrastructure Products.
- Ensure the service and financial performance of Venue Connectivity Infrastructure Products is tracked.
- Support channel stakeholders in the production of internal documentation and external marketing material associated with network Infrastructure Products.
- Explain and promote the capabilities and benefits of network connectivity Infrastructure Products to internal and external stakeholders.
- Infrastructure Product Managers perform pivotal, cross-functional leadership roles, leading the multi-disciplinary teams needed to deliver or launch complex network services, and managing the total costs involved (these may include cost recovery income from customers to offset these costs).
- Candidates will have excellent technical, service, commercial and business acumen related to networking and telecommunications. This will include supporting standards, tools and processes needed to deliver network services and industry best practices for lifecycle management (such as eTOM and ITIL). A good understanding of trends in global financial markets is required.
- The successful candidate will require excellent communications, presentation, analysis and cross-functional collaboration skills. The ability to lead a virtual team across business analysis, development, quality assurance, operations and external suppliers is essential.
Other skills and Personal Competencies
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within the telecoms services industry.
- Ability to understand and apply technology to product and proposition development.
- Proficiency in the underlying processes and systems involved in managing network services.
- Extensive professional experience is required.
- A strong sense of ownership and a results-orientated approach to work.
- A capacity for hard work and dedication, a flexible attitude, and enthusiasm for tackling new challenges.
- An undergraduate degree in network communications/computer science, or related technical field, and/or relevant work experience.
- Professional certification in all or any of Product Management, Project Management, Business Analysis, Network Technology
- Significant relevant experience is necessary for the role, but exceptional candidate with less experience will be considered.
- Knowledge and understanding of Refinitiv, its internal processes and its customers and its competitors
- Experience in the financial services industry with focus on real time market data applications and electronic trading markets.
- Background in low latency and collocation services.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward
At Refinitiv, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Other Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Technology Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Risk Technology, ICT & Telecoms £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in London (Central)