Senior Audit Manager - Data Analytics
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Audit Committee of Willis Towers Watson Corporation’s Board of Directors. The global department has approximately 45 team members located in London, Ipswich and New York. The department’s primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Willis Towers Watson’s internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations.
The Senior Audit Manager for Data Analytics will report to the Chief of Staff. The candidate will be responsible for leading and undertaking Data Analytics in relation to audit areas or assignments across WTW to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and the design and operation of controls within the business. This includes assisting in corporate investigations, financial audits, integrated audits and special projects. While primarily based in one audit office, the Senior Auditor Manager will be required to have flexibility to travel nationally and internationally when the assignment requires.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Data Analytics Senior Audit Manager are:
- Leading Internal Audit Data Analytics supporting audits and projects to assess the adequacy of controls within WTW, - including:
- Develop and implement the audit function’s data analytics strategy
- Advise audit colleagues on practical and insightful analytical options for risks and controls assessment on an ad-hoc basis, or during any stage of the audit process (i.e., annual risk assessment, audit testing, business monitoring, etc.)
- As required, provide input into departmental initiatives e.g., templates, audit manual and methodologies, annual and planning process
- Function as a global resource, participating in assignments as required in various locations.
- Develop a key understanding of the company’s strategic data sources and data lineage, and effectively leverage knowledge to extract/derive meaningful insights from data
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships to facilitate data needs
- Develop and own ad hoc and routine data feeds
- Analyse trends and patterns in data and report meaningful and value added insights to colleagues and clients.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit teams to determine analytic specifications and ensure timely completion of support initiatives
- Develop a Data Analytics approach for assigned audits and projects to ensure key business risks and controls are evaluated as needed
- Develop ad-hoc queries, continuous monitoring solutions, and strategic automated solutions
- Implement user interfaces and visualization tools to support strategic and continuous solutions
- Assist audit teams by providing guidance on the interpretation of analytics exceptions and related communication and reporting of data analytics findings/ exceptions to line management and senior management
- Manage source code for developed programs and queries
- Prepare executed data analytics documentation to support audit workpapers.
- Programming expertise (e.g. VB scripts, HTML, SQL, etc.) to develop queries
- Experience in a similar role with a leading audit function
- Overall good understanding of the end to end audit process, including risk based practices and approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and influence senior management
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player
- Self-motivated, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy.
Wills Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Insurance £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Controls Insurance £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Insurance £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Senior Manager Insurance £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)