Assurance and Risk Manager
Network Rail owns, manages and develops Britain’s railway – the 20,000 miles of track, 40,000 bridges and viaducts, and the thousands of signals, level crossings and stations (the largest of which we also run). In partnership with train operators we help people take more than 1.6bn journeys by rail every year - double the number of 1996 - and move hundreds of millions of tonnes of freight, saving almost 8m lorry journeys. We’re investing £48bn in the railway by 2024 to deliver more frequent, more reliable, safer services and brighter and better stations.
The Safety, Technical & Engineering (STE) Group is the Technical Authority for Network Rail providing strategy, policy and assurance as well as expert technical services to the business in asset management, engineering, maintenance, operations, safety, health and wellness, quality, sustainable development, security and information management.
We are keen to appoint a talented Assurance and Risk Manager who will have the opportunity to work across a large portfolio of projects and programmes associated with our electrical engineering discipline. The role will also create an opportunity to implement robust risk management processes across our major programmes; Electrical Safety Delivery and our Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Computer system (SCADA).
To lead on risk management and assurance projects and programmes. Implement local processes for the management of risk. Manage an assurance programme that verifies the requirements of Safety, Technical & Engineering. Take responsibility for the implementation of existing risk and assurance processes and software tools. Act as the focal point for driving Safety, Technical & Engineering towards a culture of continuous improvement and to improve quality and consistency of service delivery and effectiveness of all Safety, Technical & Engineering risk and assurance processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the concept of risk management, value management and lessons learnt.
- Facilitate business units through the integrated risk management process.
- Provide specialist advice to managers to enable the prioritisation of business risk using the integrated risk process, thereby supporting the development of a suitable risk-based business plan and an independent, coherent and consistent evaluation of risk across the business.
- Monitor overall compliance with risk management process, criteria and procedures. Support the functions in achieving compliance with the process.
- Align and maintain business unit risk data with the strategic risks.
- Own and lead on a high-level risk register for the business.
- Facilitate risk workshops making sure attendees are educated in their role, the process, the assessment criteria and their post workshop responsibilities.
- Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
- Relevant successful experience of risk and quality, ideally with involvement in construction projects across multi-disciplinary areas
- A comprehensive knowledge of Assurance and auditing techniques
- Professional qualification or extensive experience in quality assurance or lean process management and development techniques
- Strong people and influencing skills
- Understanding of Network Rail’s integrated risk management process
- Willing to challenge the status-quo
- Stakeholder Management
- Formal audit qualification or working toward chartered status under (IAA)
Network Rail is committed to the wellbeing of its employees. In addition to rewarding careers, we offer excellent benefits, are sensitive to work-life balance and encourage volunteer days.
To apply please click the 'Apply' button below.
We welcome applications from all.
Closing Date: 5 September 2019
More searches like this
- Assurance Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Internal Audit Manager Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Risk Management Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Risk Travel & Hospitality £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Buckinghamshire