Head of Audit
The Audit Risk Recruitment Company has been exclusively mandated on an exciting Head of Audit position for a leading international Fintech business.
As Head of Audit for UK and EMEA, you will report to the Chief Audit Executive and manage a team of seven. The position requires time dealing with the relevant regulator, so you must bring significant experience in this area.
- Responsibility for the delivery of all operational, financial and regulatory audits globally across all parts of the business, including the group's substantial US operation.
- Dealing with regulators and external auditors covering multiple jurisdictions in complex regulatory and reporting environments.
- Deputise for the Chief Auditor at Group Audit and Risk Committees and the Executive Committee as required. Regularly attend and present at Group Audit Committee with the CIA and solely responsible for presentation at other business unit / legal entity Board and Risk Committee meetings.
- Heading up a team of permanent staff, as well as rotational staff from business Finance Graduate scheme and co-sourced staff.
- Significant commercial internal audit experience within a regulated environment - ideally within financial services but a background in technology, Fintech or a heavily regulated business will be considered.
- Professional audit or accountancy qualification
- In-depth understanding of regulatory requirements, ideally around payments and licensing.
- In depth understanding of governance and effective governance structures
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with an ability to influence and an ability to gain the respect of senior management, regional stakeholders, peers and their teams
Sponsorship is not on offer for this position