Assistant Vice President - Credit Exam Manager
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the department:
Credit Examination office for EMEA, as a part of the Bank’s third Line of Defence, provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key credit risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
Main purpose of the role:
- Credit Examination Managers will have strong subject matter expertise in credit risk assessment and analysis.
- They will participate in Credit Exam reviews/engagements and support the Examiner in Charge as requested by EMEA Credit Examination management.
- They will work within the wider team on the scoping, planning and delivery of Credit Exam engagements.
- Monitor and report on a defined portfolio of obligors, ensuring a proactive, transparent and rigorous approach to the management of credit risk and escalation of issues.
- Assess the credit risk of obligors in a variety of sectors/ regions and make recommendations on borrower ratings and transactions.
- Perform the review, debate and challenge of borrower ratings and credit recommendations across a variety of different regions, industries, sectors and obligors.
- Develop specialist areas of subject matter expertise within specific sectors and products.
- Maintain good knowledge of relevant regulatory developments related to credit risk management and governance.
- Deliver Credit Examination Reviews which are insightful, impactful and robust. Associated deliverables should require minimal rewrite by the Head of Credit Examination.
- Provide senior management with a continuing, independent and objective opinion on the quality of credit risk assets and effectiveness of controls.
- On occasion, represent Credit Exam in working groups covering key credit related aspects such as risk appetite, credit controls, policies and procedures.
- Assist the Head of Credit Exam in aspects of the maintenance of the credit risk universe, risk assessments and provide opinion on strategic plans where required.
- Ensure effective communication across all levels of management with internal and external stakeholders within EMEA and other regions.
- Execute and deliver aspects of credit review engagements to the required methodology and Quality Assurance standards.
- Assist in agreeing Management Action Plans and Issue follow-up with stakeholders.
- On occasions, act as lead on Credit Examination Reviews and non-‘BAU’ initiatives e.g. a working group.
- Travel across EMEA may be required.
- Experience of working in a credit risk function within the Financial Services sector.
- Good understanding of corporate, structured and transaction banking.
Skills and experience:
- Strong credit risk analysis skills.
- Knowledge of credit and risk principles, products and management
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify key issues
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CFA etc.) are desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly, deliver within approved timelines and budgets.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Manager Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Analysis Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Management Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Fund Management £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)